S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 08-12-2021, 08:57 AM

Received 468 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
We were very fond of her and spent a lot of time at her house when we were kids. Her house was where parties and gatherings were held, when we were kids and when we were adults as well. She's been in a nursing home in failing health for a while. Very frail, but all her faculties were there. Hadn't seen her in a while due to Covid. Funeral next week.
I recently saw a clip where in some cases, it is better to own a house as it becomes a hub for family gatherings. In this case, it was a place where everyone came together for family celebrations and festivities. I am sure those gatherings brought much joy and happiness to those who came. I wonder if we are slowly losing that as well due to COVID.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:19 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda 367
I recently saw a clip where in some cases, it is better to own a house as it becomes a hub for family gatherings. In this case, it was a place where everyone came together for family celebrations and festivities. I am sure those gatherings brought much joy and happiness to those who came. I wonder if we are slowly losing that as well due to COVID.
I go by my aunt's old house often. It was always a yellow house, now it's gray. Just doesn't seem right.
You know how it goes, as you age, you tend to gather only for weddings and funerals. In spite of the loss, gathering of cousins etc is always a good thing. This time however, with Covid, I don't plan to hang around any more than I have to and will not participate in a large gathering not knowing how many people may not be vaccinated.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

Sounding pessimistic, i sure hope we get out form under this covid cloud in our lifetimes.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:29 PM

Received 4,251 Likes on 3,308 Posts

I hope I'm wrong but I think in this next bout we are going to see some escalated civil unrest. People who have been on the fence about getting the vaccine have been getting vaccinated which is leaving the people who refuse to get vaccinated and I think we are going to see stronger mandates for people to get vaccinated so these two groups are going to clash.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:43 PM

Received 5,757 Likes on 3,392 Posts

Life was simple when there was only 3 tv news sources. Donna was talking to a neighbor a day or two ago who refuses to get a shot and she had no idea there was a big out-break in the south. Dah. Donna was at the hairdresser and one of them said all the main news sources are all fake news and rattled off where people should get their news. Dah. Robb I hope you wrong but I think even the CDC realizes they can not force it or the freedom lovers will come packing.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:45 PM

Received 4,251 Likes on 3,308 Posts

I hope I'm wrong too Dave.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:26 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Vintage,
can't find my medical update thread. I think I began by advising all of you to get a colonoscopy. Tomorrow, the 14th, will be one year since the doc found a polyp that had turned into cancer. Six months of chemo and three surgeries later, I have high hopes I am done with it all, and returning to normal. Today I had another colonoscopy, safety check to make sure nothing new was popping up. Well I had four more polyps, all removed now, but another reminder that some of us have polyp factories in our colons that cannot be ignored. I have to go in for another one (number 10) in six months as the doc wants to make sure the biggest one all got removed. Then back to once a year.
My oncologist ran a test to try to determine why I produce so many and it was inconclusive. This last year I have tried to eat well, eat right and just eat, as chemo killed my appetite. Still made four of those buggers.
OK TMI. Just remember my advise, and stay healthy.
The following 5 users liked this post by Morris:
Heyitsgary (08-14-2021), jukngene (08-14-2021), Lainey (08-13-2021), MsPerky (08-14-2021), poorshoeless (08-13-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 05:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

12 days Dean, 12 days.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 992 Likes on 512 Posts

Interesting tidbit...

Was at a bar way up in North NJ today for a dart tournament. I like to go to more things right before the Make A Wish event to see people I normally don't see and "remind" them.
We ran a 50/50, collected $380, and hopefully many of the players will get some raffles or also make donations.
Someone I've been talking to for years finally showed up to give me some sports memorabilia. I saw him last week and he said "A helmet, some jerseys and maybe a bat". OK. The drive from me to the bar was almost 100 miles. Even from Rob, who's much further north than me, its 30 miles and 40 minutes.
The weather was great when I left the house so I took the S. I remembered... "A helmet, some jerseys and maybe a bat". About 20 minutes from my house, I also remembered my golf clubs were in the trunk. Not enough time to go home, drop them off then get there in time. My friend Benny (who I'll see Thursday was supposed to go if something happened).
Benny has to cancel, work called.
Rich shows up, says I have stuff. We unload his pickup. 2 helmets, basketball, baseball glove, football, baseball bat, 4 jerseys, 2 mini-helmets, a puck. effectively 5 boxes, all just under a cubic foot and some bags with the jerseys. - remember, my trunk has my clubs in it!!!

So we start stacking. I get the smallest box in the footwell, and jigsaw puzzle the other boxes on the front seat. I also have a small cooler so I'd have a cold drink on the way home, my dart stuff, which includes tickets, flyers, a jersey, for the day. I put the seatbelt on the boxes and hope I don't hit a bump or risk one falling out. It was that or put the top up for a wonderful 2 hour drive home in 70 degree weather with a great night sky!

Then, I'm leaving and someone comes out and yells "Stop"... It's an older couple, Pat and Chuck. He's 82. They have a 2004 Suzuka with 40,000 miles. They aren't online, were surprised we had a whole community here. I suggested having their grandkids get on for them to poke around. He asked a few times what I thought his car was worth. All I had recently was Gene's story, so I went with that. If they were online, I'd have given them more info.
The following users liked this post:
Lainey (08-15-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 04:57 AM

Received 5,757 Likes on 3,392 Posts

One of the never ending joys of small cars is small trunks. We are going on a small trip but I still had to take the spare tire out to make room for stuff the wife thinks is important like spare clothes, etc.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19