S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 06-19-2021, 10:31 AM

Received 5,757 Likes on 3,392 Posts

Thankfully we did play cards till 1am last night because as expected today was total bust with rain all morning.
Old 06-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

I'm just plain tired. I had planned to get in a 22 mile ElliptiGO ride with 1,500 feet of gain but didn't have it in me. I did crunches and climbed back in bed. It helped that Maury was already there and purring. I got up about an hour later but now it's 87° with thunderstorms predicted before I'd be done. I reserved a Redbox kiosk movie that looks silly but enjoyable so I'll have to go get it soon. I got my Pilot washed, detail sprayed and RainExed last night so all three vehicles are sparkling. I guess I'll hope for some entertaining lightning later this afternoon and read some more "House Rules".

^I got this at the Goodwill store in town. It's good! It cost me about $1.50. That's my new bookstore.

Last edited by Kyras; 06-19-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:30 PM

Received 4,251 Likes on 3,308 Posts

^^^Same here woke up in the middle of the night thurs. night with wicked neck pain. Had it all day yesterday. got the 2 cars washed, oil changed in the WRX, went grocery shopping and to the bank and the auto parts store did the all yesterday with pain everytime I move. Put some heat on it and it is feeling better today but still taking it easy.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by robb
^^^Same here woke up in the middle of the night thurs. night with wicked neck pain. Had it all day yesterday. got the 2 cars washed, oil changed in the WRX, went grocery shopping and to the bank and the auto parts store did the all yesterday with pain everytime I move. Put some heat on it and it is feeling better today but still taking it easy.
Do you take any medications for it? My goto is Advil/ibuprofen. If I get something like you're talking about I might pull out some old Rx muscle relaxers left over from my arm surgery, that were my last dialed down pain med.

I'm totally enjoying sitting on my little patio, listening to the fountain in the nice 70's breeze with my three cats mling nearby. They love hanging out nearby when I'm sitting outside.

Old 06-19-2021, 12:50 PM

Received 5,757 Likes on 3,392 Posts

This is my go to solution for neck pain.

Panasonic Panabrator XI Model EV235 2-Speed Full Body Vibrator Massager Wand - It is not for sale any more but it can be found on e-bay. I love it. I probably been using it for 30 years. I've tried others and nothing beats it. My other tip for neck pain to use the vibrator on the opposite side of where you have the pain. If you have right side pain, use it on the left side - very often that is the side that is really tight.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 12:52 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04

Panasonic Panabrator XI Model EV235 2-Speed Full Body Vibrator Massager Wand - It is not for sale any more but it can be found on e-bay. I love it. I probably been using it for 30 years. I've tried others and nothing beats it. My other tip for neck pain to use the vibrator on the opposite side of where you have the pain. If you have right side pain, use it on the left side - very often that is the side that is really tight.
Chiros I've visited say something similar. A tight muscle in one area can make it hurt somewhere else as you compensate.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04

I actually have one of those and just dug it out! It's not a Panasonic but a Pollenex it looks exactly the same. After I had the accident where I was rear ended people gave me some things to help with neck pain and this was one of them. Thanks for the tips on usage Dave I will try it out.
Kyras (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Do you take any medications for it? My goto is Advil/ibuprofen. If I get something like you're talking about I might pull out some old Rx muscle relaxers left over from my arm surgery, that were my last dialed down pain med.

I'm totally enjoying sitting on my little patio, listening to the fountain in the nice 70's breeze with my three cats mling nearby. They love hanging out nearby when I'm sitting outside.

I took some ibuprofen yesterday and last night put some icy hot on it and used a neck pillow with a gel pack that I heated up in it.
I'm fighting the realization that I'm getting too old to be doing the work I do. It seems like every couple of weeks at the end of the work week I've got some kind of malady.
Kyras (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 PM
Member (Premium)

I took some ibuprofen yesterday and last night put some icy hot on it and used a neck pillow with a gel pack that I heated up in it.
I'm fighting the realization that I'm getting too old to be doing the work I do. It seems like every couple of weeks at the end of the work week I've got some kind of malady.
Yeah, that realization comes. I understand.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:11 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

I feel very fortunate that, at my age, I almost never have any aches and pains.

robb, what kind of work do you do? Do you have two jobs?

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19