S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 03-29-2021, 01:20 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Saw that, I get notices for most MBZs an hour before and after the sale. This is a different one. Based on similar , but not exact, models, I think on BaT I could get near what I paid for my MBZ two years ago. But not ready to sell yet.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:20 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Speaking of cell phone providers. 2 weeks ago I got a notice from AT&T of our new rates, after dropping one phone and getting off unlimited data. I couldn't believe it when the monthly charge only dropped $20. Ridiculous! I started doing some research on Consumer Reports, and found that they recommend Consumer Cellular. So, I investigated. With essentlially the same service, oudr monthly bill will be reduced by over $100, which includes a 5% AARP discount. I made the switch and after a couple minor issues getting the phones activated, I can tell no difference in service, and my son (who works for AT&T) informs me that Consumer Cellular uses the AT&T network. He admits that AT&T is considered a somewhat higher level service, but he didn't blame me for switching. After all, he gets his phone and cable service from AT&T free, so no effect on his employment.
I've always been hesitant to switch providers due to possible service issues. I don't have unlimited data, don't really need it, don't use the data I'm paying for now. However, if I started to stream more I would not mind the unlimited if the price was the same. Have a new phone on the account, so I'm tied in for a little while.
Keep us posted on your service.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:26 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

The Obsidian is a nice black which has metal flakes in it but I like my brilliant silver better.
That is a nice looking interior though.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:41 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Speaking of cell phone providers. 2 weeks ago I got a notice from AT&T of our new rates, after dropping one phone and getting off unlimited data. I couldn't believe it when the monthly charge only dropped $20. Ridiculous! I started doing some research on Consumer Reports, and found that they recommend Consumer Cellular. So, I investigated. With essentlially the same service, oudr monthly bill will be reduced by over $100, which includes a 5% AARP discount. I made the switch and after a couple minor issues getting the phones activated, I can tell no difference in service, and my son (who works for AT&T) informs me that Consumer Cellular uses the AT&T network. He admits that AT&T is considered a somewhat higher level service, but he didn't blame me for switching. After all, he gets his phone and cable service from AT&T free, so no effect on his employment.
That still seems high to me...(if I saved $100/mo I would not have a bill). One of my notes says I am paying $63/mo and the other says $75/mo. Donna sends the money to our daughter once a year since she is the account holder. That's for two cell phones on a Version family plan. I know, with proof which I showed them, I get a $10/mo savings due to being the service. Thats for unlimited service as well.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

^Yes, it was high, which is why I switched. New bill with unlimited talk and text, and shared 10GB data with Consumer Cellular will be approximately $60 per month for 2 phones. I had kept AT&T partly because of my son and that I was getting a discount through my past employer. Bea's grandson was also on the account and he needed the unlimited data since he is in the Navy. When he got off the account, is when the bill barely moved. Therefore, I switched.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:13 PM
Member (Premium)

I was a little surprised when I got my pixel 5 and went to 5G and they told me oh your bill won't change.
Although I have 5 phones on it and unlimited data with hotspot.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Member (Premium)

I thought I would surprise my bride for our anniversary in a few months with a swim spa.
We could both use the exercise. When I found out how much one would be I decided perhaps I should share the idea with her.

It turns out it was a good idea. Her interest was minimal. She has too many other projects she wants completed first.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 06:44 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I thought I would surprise my bride for our anniversary in a few months with a swim spa.
We could both use the exercise. When I found out how much one would be I decided perhaps I should share the idea with her.

It turns out it was a good idea. Her interest was minimal. She has too many other projects she wants completed first.
I have a lot of projects and other interests but you can surprise me with one - - maybe not, I want whole damn pool. Probably she did too.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Our lot has a lot of slope to it so a full size pool we have to be cut in to the hill with a retaining wall and the other end would need fill.
I'd also have to take down a bunch of trees. Not to mention a full size pool is a pain to take care of.
The other aspect was I could enclose the swim spa for 365 day use.
but all of that is moot.
She said no.
Old 03-30-2021, 07:33 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

We got our stimulus payment Friday. They sent it in a stupid debit card. The first two went directly to our bank account. So yesterday I went to the bank, took a cash advance on the entire amount, then put it right into my bank account. I don’t know what they were trying to accomplish with the card, but that failed with me.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19