S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 04-30-2020, 11:40 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
Lainey, on my birthday month I can change plans and they can raise rates.
It is his birthday month, next month. I though the change of plans thing was at open enrollment. It's only a few bucks, no big deal. We're happy with the coverage.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:44 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

I think you are right about open enrollment which is in November or December? But the letter I got says "you are eligible for a 30 day open enrollment period every year beginning on your birthday". Maybe because they are raising the rates? I'm not sure.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:36 PM

Received 4,251 Likes on 3,308 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
The mower I am thinking of getting from a neighbor is causing great concern with his 10 year old daughter. She was crying so hard she wouldn't drive it over to my place to look at it. I can honestly say at 10 years old I never had an attachment with a lawn mower. Mine came much latter in life.
Dave maybe you can give the young girl the speech of how we are all just 'caretakers' of the machines that we have in our posession and that she will just be passing it on to you and that she may visit it anytime she wants.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:12 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
Dave maybe you can give the young girl the speech of how we are all just 'caretakers' of the machines that we have in our posession and that she will just be passing it on to you and that she may visit it anytime she wants.
Got this note from her dad, and I told him I am all good - - bonding with family comes first.

Hi dave , I'm really sorry.. but..for now it appears the simplicity may end up being my heirloom to mary.. Ha! I Definatly didn't see this coming but it's good because it gives Mary and I something we can have in common. Who knows.. Maybe we'll work together on fixing it up someday ??? She's even offered to help clean shed so there'll be room for it. You can borrow my John Deere ANYTIME you want ! Talk later.. sorry again..
The following users liked this post:
robb (04-30-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 03:36 PM

I noticed a conversation about changing out snow tires going on in the corona thread and wanted to post but didn't want to disrespect the corona thread with non corona content so my two cents is I guess I'm the only one that uses the same rims and has the tires changed over. I think if I had a decent garage to work in I would cosider getting steelies and swapping them myself but since I don't I have the tires switched over twice a year at 50 bucks a pop. I ran all seasons all year long when I had my trucks.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:00 PM

We run all seasons year round in both of the drivers but being retired we can chose what days to stay home.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

I noticed a conversation about changing out snow tires going on in the corona thread and wanted to post but didn't want to disrespect the corona thread with non corona content so my two cents is I guess I'm the only one that uses the same rims and has the tires changed over..
I've been thinking about buying an extra couple of wheels so I could just have the snow tires wheels and the regular tire wheels. When Costco scratched my rims putting on the snow tires they ended up buying me two brand new wheels and I kept the old ones. They're not that bad it was just that they damaged them.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:13 PM

We run all seasons year round in both of the drivers but being retired we can chose what days to stay home.
I never had much of a problem with the all seasons and I always had to be out in crappy weather. I only noticed an issue with braking in the snow/ice when I got my tacoma with a.b.s. I had one instance where I was sliding down a hill but I put it in reverse and did the old reverse thrust trick and it slowed me down. Now that I think of it I did run mud and snows on my 94 toyota pickup and they worked well. I remember leaving a girlfriend's house one night and came to a hill that was straight down and sheer ice and I put it in 4wd low and made it down the hill at an extremely slow pace. My WRX is a death trap in snow with it's summer tires. The awd system is so good you can go through just about anything but you cannot stop or steer.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:17 PM

My WRX is a death trap in snow with it's summer tires. The awd system is so good you can go through just about anything but you cannot stop or steer.
What I remember about WRX's is when they first came out, an S2000 owner I used to go to track days with bought one and proceeded to kick our butts.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:25 PM

What I remember about WRX's is when they first came out, an S2000 owner I used to go to track days with bought one and proceeded to kick our butts.
Yeah but you know what Dave it's really dirty pool, it takes a lot more skill to drive a s2000 than it does a wrx especially the newer ones. I have the base model, what we use to call the stripper model, and it still has all kinds of electronic aids. Everytime I drive my S2000 for the first time in the spring I have to remind myself that I actually have to drive this car I may even have to countersteer!

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19