S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 09-16-2017, 09:58 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Deb, I am right handed and stir clockwise. I'll stir both directions for chocolate milk.

I have been living in my Loveland Colorado house for a week. Yesterday I bought a 2017 AWD EX-L Pilot, in blue, of course. It's big and soft and I think I would have bought another Crosstour if they still made them to get the AWD. I drove the CR-V and Pilot and was trying to decide which one to buy. Once they were close enough to look at together, I went with the Pilot because I hated the wheels on the CR-V, didn't care for the dark blue and because the CR-V needed to be floored to go. Still, I like my Crosstour's feel better than both the Pilot and CR-V but it wasn't an option.

My cat, Leo, has run of the house. He particularly likes the stairs.

Ricky drove here and arrived on Thursday evening. He rode his dirt motorcycle in Utah one day on the way here and is currently out for a nearby riding area. It's been great to have him here. He won't move here. I'm okay with that right now.
I got my Colorado driver's license yesterday. I've been super busy with ordering changes to the house and riding my ElliptiGO for a September team challenge. My daughter is moving to Colorado as I type. I hope they don't get snow today in Vail Pass and on other parts of I-70. It's in the low 50s in Loveland, right now after having been in the low 90s when I got here.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Are you planning to keep the Crosstour? I always thought they were big, but it looks small compared to the Pilot! When are you bringing the S and NSX out? Glad you are liking Colorado so far.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Are you planning to keep the Crosstour? I always thought they were big, but it looks small compared to the Pilot! When are you bringing the S and NSX out? Glad you are liking Colorado so far.
For now, I want to keep the Crosstour. I like it a lot. I wish it was in California and the S2000 was here in Colorado. As long as I have the house in CA I think I'll keep the NSX and Crosstour there.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:26 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

I stir clockwise unless (as Patty says) its hot chocolate and then I stir both ways. Love the Pilot, Patty and congrats on your move. I'm glad you're enjoying Colorado.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:17 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Boy, it can really get warm sometimes in a car without A/C that has a tendency to be a foot warmer no matter how much insulation is put in. The fall colors are coming really early this year and we offered to put together a color tour. Today was the first opportunity to scout out some new roads even if the temps are 20° above normal. We logged 80 miles in 89 degrees of sunshine only to conclude the route we picked will not work. So we took a break and sat at a shadded bar patio overlooking a lake to plan the next outing. Refreshed we headed home only to run into road consturction. It was one of those days were I really missed the S2000 with its A/C and top up in 6 seconds.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:13 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Boy, it can really get warm sometimes in a car without A/C that has a tendency to be a foot warmer no matter how much insulation is put in. The fall colors are coming really early this year and we offered to put together a color tour. Today was the first opportunity to scout out some new roads even if the temps are 20° above normal. We logged 80 miles in 89 degrees of sunshine only to conclude the route we picked will not work. So we took a break and sat at a shadded bar patio overlooking a lake to plan the next outing. Refreshed we headed home only to run into road consturction. It was one of those days were I really missed the S2000 with its A/C and top up in 6 seconds.
Doesn't sound like fun, Dave. I am spoiled by creature comforts such as AC. I don't think I'd last too long in a vehicle without it. You must really love that MG!

We are heading home tomorrow from our PA, MD and DE tour. Had a pleasant dinner tonight with Gene and his +1 Bea. Always good to meet up with car people!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Doesn't sound like fun, Dave. I am spoiled by creature comforts such as AC. I don't think I'd last too long in a vehicle without it. You must really love that MG!

We are heading home tomorrow from our PA, MD and DE tour. Had a pleasant dinner tonight with Gene and his +1 Bea. Always good to meet up with car people!
That's great. Hope you're enjoying the new P wheels and the attention that probably goes with it. Nice you could met up with Gene and Bea.

I think of all the ladies on this site, you'd deal with the joys of traveling in a 60 year old sports car better than most. While it may sound like I was not enjoying the day, it was fun and the drive into new territory based on goggle maps looking at the earth shot to see the most tree lined roads sent us almost to Ohio. But, we couldn't even find a "one hole" rural gas station for the aging but younger than me group to make a planned stop, so we need to hit the road again and try some different routes. For some reason they don't think it's cool to just stop on the side of the road - that makes it harder to have a gab session.

Last edited by dlq04; 09-21-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

I don't know Dave. I do enjoy road trips and adventures but that no AC thing might be a deal breaker. The P car actually doesn't generate much interest unless you run into car people. There are a lot of P cars out there unlike the S. We have enjoyed the P car on this trip but the S makes a road trip feel like an adventure. Almost home logged about 1300 miles.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:51 PM

1,300 miles is a lot of seat time in any 2-seater. We actually went out again today in 93° no clouds weather but didn't log as many miles. Met another couple that, along with us, drive more miles every year in our MGAs than anyone else in our club with one exception; excuse my French but I call him Iron Ass - every spring he drives his MGA from Michigan to Key West.

Hope you enjoyed your break from work (I remember those days, sort'a).
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I love a road trip in the S. If I had to drive any of our other vehicles I would consider flying.

We just got home from a week long 2800 mile road trip. Two weeks before we drove to Disney World and back.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19