S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 01-06-2020, 01:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
So, I've come to the conclusion that I am the one who moved the wood box out of the bedroom and I did it about a month ago. My sister and brother-in-law were planning on spending the night and I thought I'd move that box to the upstairs guest bedroom. When their plans changed I didn't finish the move although I had it at the base of the stairs already.

At least I can relax about some visitor. It's just my memory that is going.
​​
Well, that sounds better than having a visitor in your house.

What about the sliding glass door that was unlocked in the walkout basement? Do you think that you left that unlocked by mistake, too, or do you think that the neighbor's son might have done that? Was he watching your house while you were gone?
Old 01-06-2020, 01:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
Well, that sounds better than having a visitor in your house.

What about the sliding glass door that was unlocked in the walkout basement? Do you think that you left that unlocked by mistake, too, or do you think that the neighbor's son might have done that? Was he watching your house while you were gone?
My spa is right outside that slider. I'm not surprised that I left that unlocked.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

.....Have a drink and Relax...sounds like you need it.
Levi
Old 01-07-2020, 07:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
So, I've come to the conclusion that I am the one who moved the wood box out of the bedroom and I did it about a month ago. My sister and brother-in-law were planning on spending the night and I thought I'd move that box to the upstairs guest bedroom. When their plans changed I didn't finish the move although I had it at the base of the stairs already.

At least I can relax about some visitor. It's just my memory that is going.
No more worries about the wood box. I finally moved it upstairs, and my supervisors gave their approval.

^1-7-2020. Atticus and Maury.

^1-7-2020. Maury.

Old 01-09-2020, 06:07 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Grandaughter had a few more issues with the VW we told her not to buy... Hopefully, she's all set now, still needs an oil change since she's about 1k miles past on that. We have been providing a bit of transportation to her, had her over for lunch, and in general enjoyed her company.

Her brother needs a ride to school now and again depending on his parents' schedules. He could take the bus, but they like knowing he isn't out in the dark and that he got to school safely, so we help out, generally once a week. One of his parents usually can pick him up from school, if not he takes the bus and walks home from the bus stop.

It was cold out today, his parents weren't going to be available to pick him up. I was free so I sent him a text letting him know I'd pick him up. He responded he was OK and that I "do enough" How sweet is that? He appreciates the little things we do. Makes a Grandma feel good, and I did pick him up.

It's good to be needed now and again. I was so used to spending so much time with them when they were little. It's been a weird transition as they have grown up and it happened so quickly...
Old 01-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Member (Premium)

I made a new friend. His name is Kevin and we connected initially on eHarmony. We met in Colorado Springs at Starbucks a week ago, had dinner on Thursday night in Fort Collins and met again at my house, today. He came over and after talking for an hour we went Home Depot, came back and examined rocks on my property as he's a rock hound/prospector. I drove and showed him the area north, west and to the south of me. Dating in my 60's with an eHarmony connection is nothing like I've done before. What a new, fun trip. I don't know if this is going to turn into something more but I've been having fun and I'm looking forward to our next adventure.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

Fun is good!!! I dated on and off for nine years on match.com before meeting the +1. It worked well for me. Finally decided to settle down. Celebrating 15 years together come March.

Last edited by MsPerky; 01-11-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Fun is good!!! I dated on and off for nine years on match.com before meeting the +1. It worked well for me. Celebrating 15 years together come March.
I'm happy for you and Vito, Deb. It was 2006 when my ex moved out of the house and 2007 since my divorce. I've had two, 4 year, and one short-term boyfriend since then. Live and learn. Kevin and I have so much in common, including a daughter around 33 and a son who has a PhD and will be 32. Not so much to make it boring, though. You never know in the beginning or maybe even after 2 years. He lives at 9,000 feet, two and a half hours away from me, normally, but his daughter lives in Fort Collins so that's the only reason I'm seeing him right now as he's been there taking care of the boy as the grabdson's regular babysitter is taking care of her sick husband, and the grandson's mom and dad work. Here's my "keeper rock" I found as we were looking around next to my driveway this afternoon. I think he took home around four rocks. He's a rockhound.

Last edited by Kyras; 01-12-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

A little distance is not a bad thing.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
A little distance is not a bad thing.
Definitely!
At this point in my life I have no desire to live with anybody again. Having a boyfriend to do things with and go places with is awesome but that's all I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19