S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 01-04-2020, 03:37 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Doing just a little re-decorating and you know how that goes. One thing leads to another. First off, time for new rugs in the living room and hallway. I have lovely hard wood floors so an area rug and runner are fine. The ones I have now are still in good shape, but were purchased when I still had wallpaper on the walls, and needed more green in the room. It's a traditional style rug, on the busy side. I'm looking for something with a lighter background and less busy. I've been to a couple places, and clicked on countless rugs on line...have only found one or two possibilities. Also need to get a new wing chair as the green one is very tired. I think I picked one the replacement, need to finalize material......The other wing chair in the room has been around a long while and my sister (with very little assistance) from me re-upholstered it a couple years ago, Looks nice. No reason not to keep it, but the thought of a different style in the room is tempting. However, then I'd need to buy two chairs... I think I've decided to find a rug before moving on to the chairs. I was once told decorating should be from the floor up.

Decorating/re-decorating is not my forte. Replace one or two things then something else won't match. Couch and loveseat are relatively new, so no replacing those. Walls painted less than two years ago, so not changing colors in the room. My sister has a real flair for decorating. I should just write her a check and ask her to go shopping for me!

I had my painter guy here today repairing a couple minor issues with the paint in living room and hallway. He also did some repair on the tile in the bathroom floor. One was loose and I had some cracked/chipped grout. I knew he would do a much better job than if we attempted any of those repairs. BUT, you know the grout can't be perfectly matched...I must avert my eyes or it will drive me nuts!
Old 01-04-2020, 08:26 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Patty Does you Honda beep at you if you are close?
My newer benz, actually activate the brakes.
No. I wonder if there's a setting for that.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Patty Does you Honda beep at you if you are close?
My newer benz, actually activate the brakes.
No. I wonder if there's a setting for that.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Weird shit! I was gone from 9:30 am Saturday to 6:00 pm Sunday. I noticed that a wood box I use as a nightstand in one of my basement bedrooms was pulled out of the bedroom and the Kleenex that would have been on it was on the bed. The sliding glass door in the walkout basement was unlocked. WTF? I sent a text to my next door neighbors who include the son whose watches my cats when I'm gone, to see if they saw anything strange. I'm hoping that the son brought his girlfriend over here and they just used the bed and forgot to go back and lock slider and go back out the garage. Doesn't make any sense.

Old 01-06-2020, 04:21 AM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Hopefully its nothing to worry about. Besides you have those guard cats.
Old 01-06-2020, 04:54 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Weird, and if the son and his girlfriend are using a bed without your permission, and not locking up the house properly, I'd say it's time for a conversation. I blame the cats for messing with the tissue box...they are stronger than they look!
Old 01-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
Weird, and if the son and his girlfriend are using a bed without your permission, and not locking up the house properly, I'd say it's time for a conversation. I blame the cats for messing with the tissue box...they are stronger than they look!
The only thing I got from the neighbors is that the man saw something like a black Jeep Liberty pull up my driveway Thursday or Friday evening. I was home then.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:23 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Time to start looking for a German Shepherd,or a 12 gauge shotgun.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Time to start looking for a German Shepherd,or a 12 gauge shotgun.
Ah, yes! I forgot that about German Shepherds!
Old 01-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Member (Premium)

So, I've come to the conclusion that I am the one who moved the wood box out of the bedroom and I did it about a month ago. My sister and brother-in-law were planning on spending the night and I thought I'd move that box to the upstairs guest bedroom. When their plans changed I didn't finish the move although I had it at the base of the stairs already.

At least I can relax about some visitor. It's just my memory that is going.

Last edited by Kyras; 01-07-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19