S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Shooting the Breeze 17-19

Old 10-19-2019, 05:18 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

The CEO of Oracle Mark Hurd just passed away at the ripe old age of.... 62

I'm 62. day-um. it's not like I haven't been aware of my mortality but sometimes it smacks you up side the head.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:46 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Today would have been my sister and brother in law's 40th wedding anniversary. We are all sad for him and for us. He is just getting into FB a bit as he always relied on her to tell him what was going on with family and friends who posted on the site. He had a beautiful post/tribute to her today. Made me . So in their honor give your spouse, partner, whoever you share your life with an extra hug and an extra "I love you" today. (Even if they have annoyed you to no end). You may not get a chance tomorrow. Life changes in an instant and not always for the better.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Today would have been my sister and brother in law's 40th wedding anniversary. We are all sad for him and for us. He is just getting into FB a bit as he always relied on her to tell him what was going on with family and friends who posted on the site. He had a beautiful post/tribute to her today. Made me . So in their honor give you spouse, partner, whoever you share your life with an extra hug and an extra "I love you" today. (Even if they have annoyed you to no end). You may not get a chance tomorrow. Life changes in an instant and not always for the better.
A very touching post, Lainey.

And, so true and a good reminder.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:11 PM

Time for the old dog to learn new tricks. I use a local photo lab for my prints. They do a great job. Apparently they have been putting in extra work to make my prints happen for a long time. I didn't realize it. The files I upload are often too large and they haven't been cropped properly for printing. The other day I picked up several prints and they made mention of the issue. The guy is really nice, told me my images, colors, etc are quite good and told me what he is looking for with file info when I send files for printing. I don't have issue with online companies, as I've had canvases and other things made I guess mass printing is a bit different. Anyway, my old Picasa program can't do what is needed. I've downloaded a trial of Adobe Elements a while back and was totally overwhelmed. I'm one who'd need a hands on course.

Meanwhile, I did received a free program with my last camera purchase. Corel Paint Shop pro. It's not Photoshop, but it does give me the ability to get the files ready for printing in the way the printer needed. So, I've practiced. Sent him a couple images and we're good to go for the next time. I can even put my little "Lainey©" on the photos if I want to. A few of my photo pals are telling me my skill level has improved and I should be using photo shop, shooting RAW, etc. I'm not there yet, I'm taking baby steps. This program has many more options than the age old Picasa, so I can keep busy with it for a while.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:24 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Well, it was my day to take it in the arms but not the butt... turned down prostrate finger (don't poke the bear) . Two shots: pneumonia and flu. Four tubes of blood for the lab. Hope I'm good for another year. I hate going to the doctor but he gave me know choice - he would not renew my BP scrip unless he saw me. So I did my part to keep the economy going locally.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:34 PM

Ha, Dave! They got you in with bribery!
I headed in for routine blood work the other day, check up in two weeks. Well the lab at the hospital was rather busy. The guy next to me had waited 1/2 hour. In the 20 minutes or so I was there, only two people were called in. I gave up as I didn't want to miss my Y class. I'll try again Friday. It's going to be cold out so maybe that will keep people home!

Today I had my eyes checked. Need a recheck due to some blood vessel issue behind the eyes. These things generally resolve on their own, but has to be checked. I don't have any health history that would cause this issue. It can happen even from a roller coaster ride, or physical activity. Yep, I'm working it at the gym.

Went to the Y this AM and then a walk when I got back from the doctor and included the local creamery in my route. I sat on their little front porch, enjoying my cranberry harvest ice cream, the sun shining on me and the peaceful moment.............retirement at it's' best!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:24 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Did they want to check your prostate with a prostrate finger? You'd have to lay on the floor, I think.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:32 PM

Received 5,755 Likes on 3,391 Posts

Ha, Dave! They got you in with bribery!
Yep, for sure. Now as to your eye issue - hell, that's easy take a break for a week with the camera.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Yep, for sure. Now as to your eye issue - hell, that's easy take a break for a week with the camera.
A break FROM the camera or from the Y? I could do a week with either one, but no more. That's how I entertain myself in retirement!
Old 11-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Today would have been my sister and brother in law's 40th wedding anniversary. We are all sad for him and for us. He is just getting into FB a bit as he always relied on her to tell him what was going on with family and friends who posted on the site. He had a beautiful post/tribute to her today. Made me . So in their honor give your spouse, partner, whoever you share your life with an extra hug and an extra "I love you" today. (Even if they have annoyed you to no end). You may not get a chance tomorrow. Life changes in an instant and not always for the better.
So very true!

Quick Reply: Shooting the Breeze 17-19