S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

(SF11 PHOTOS): OK, Spring Flingers

Old 05-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

On the way home I crossed over the Mississippi bridge at Baton Rouge. It normally seems very high above the water, but this time it seemed much lower. No place to stop, so I just snapped a shot out the window in crossing, but if you click on the pic for the larger version, you can see how muddy and swollen the river is. The second shot shows some of the flooding from opening the Morganza flood gates...

Old 05-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

I think Baton Rouge was one of the places they were trying to save when they sent all that water down the Atchafalaya River instead. A real mess.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Home at last! Great weekend with great people! Thanks Ken (& Yoon Hee, too). Incredible drive! Thanks also to everyone who made this Spring Fling one of the very best.

PHOTOS HERE
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts

Jim,

Thanks for the pics (I think).

Who ever said that "the camera" adds ten pounds must have miscalculated when it comes to me.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by canberra
Home at last! Great weekend with great people! Thanks Ken (& Yoon Hee, too). Incredible drive! Thanks also to everyone who made this Spring Fling one of the very best.

PHOTOS HERE
Great pics Roy. Looks like everyone was having fun.

Pics of the Biltmore were really nice! Great place to take

I see a red S on your collar
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

^
Lainey, we had a blast! Biltmore is one of those places that will not permit photos inside, but there is plenty outside to photograph.

....and yes, that red "S" is well traveled , and it allowed you guys to be there in spirit.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by canberra
^
Lainey, we had a blast! Biltmore is one of those places that will not permit photos inside, but there is plenty outside to photograph.

....and yes, that red "S" is well traveled , and it allowed you guys to be there in spirit.
My S needs to get out more. It's in a drawer. Hope to see you at a meet SOON!!

to Carole from us. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

My niece lives in NC, my sis in SC. We really have to head south at some point!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Veronica and I got home safely Monday night.

We both wanted to thank Ken and his wife for organizing a great SF 2011 !

The roads chosen were awesome to drive on and view from every angle. Great blend of different types of roads.

Thank you to all of the friends both old and new we met on this trip. It truly makes for a fun and memorable weekend.

The weather was perfect for this Spring Fling and we would not wanted to have missed it.

Tom was correct in his weather forecasting and he convinced me to stick to coming down.

Sam and Carmen were wonderful in making sure we got part way home. Made the return trip so much easier. Thank you.

We hope everyone made it home safely.

Thank you again for making us feel more than welcome at this great event !
Old 05-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Roy (and everyone else), thanks for posting these pics. Bea & I have been to Biltmore several times, and really love the ambiance there. It reminds us so much of the chateaus in the Loire Valley in France, which we visited several years ago. BUT, most of all, it was great seeing the pics of our Vintage friends, and just made us wish even more that we could have been there. The roads around Asheville are fabulous, as I found out last year at S2KCA Days 2010. Ken, you done good.

(PS: Patty, note that I used size 3 font for your benefit. )
Old 05-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,483 Likes on 1,889 Posts

[size="3] Jim, thank you for sharing your wonderful photos! You're hired! Roy, thank you for sharing yours, too.

Jerry and I got home at about 11 pm east coast time. I didn't take many photos this trip but I'll share them in the next couple of days. [/size]

Quick Reply: (SF11 PHOTOS): OK, Spring Flingers