S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

(SF11 PHOTOS): OK, Spring Flingers

Old 05-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Ken for putting together the greatest event that we have attended! As others have said, great to see a lot of the old gang and meet a few newbes. This was the best drive I've ever been on along with the accomodations and dinner Saturday.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts

Ken did awesome putting this together, Shelley and I had a great time. It was great seeing people we met last year at the Tomcat and meeting new people. I am looking forward to the next meet. Again, thanks Ken for a great meet and my group leader (MDRocket) and his wonderful navigator.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,134 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
What are we doing next year????
Thinking about that even as we speak. A few of us have been kicking around ideas. We'll see what happens.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Looks like the weather cooperated for the drive.
The spirited group ran into a bit of rain but the moderate group didn't even get damp (well, maybe a minute or two but that was it). The weather was great.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Just a quick post:

It was raining on the Dragon this morning, so I drove to Houston. Is the S a decent road car or what? Pics tomorrow, including the muddy Mississississippi. SF was a very enjoyable meet. Thanks to Ken and Yoon-Hee, and verybody who planned and organized it! Great people, best SF drive ever! The Doubletree was very nice.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts

We arrived back home this afternoon after a very enjoyable time at Spring Fling 11. I agree with the others that the drive that Ken laid out was the BEST SF drive route ever. IMHO parts of it were as good as "The Dragon" without the traffic (and the crotch rocket riders with their head's over the line in YOUR lane).

It was great to see everyone that attended and disappointing to NOT see those that did not attend for what ever their reasons were (are). I cannot not help but wonder, as someone that has enjoyed attending every SF since the first in 2004, how much longer this event will go on?

Personally, I hope that our "Vintage" Spring Fling last long enough that we will have Vintage cars (not just Vintage people) in the years to come. That is just my two cents.

Matt
Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
It was great to see everyone that attended and disappointing to NOT see those that did not attend for what ever their reasons were (are). I cannot not help but wonder, as someone that has enjoyed attending every SF since the first in 2004, how much longer this event will go on?

Personally, I hope that our "Vintage" Spring Fling last long enough that we will have Vintage cars (not just Vintage people) in the years to come. That is just my two cents.

Matt
It's great to hear you folks attending SF had a good time. I too hope the tradition of SF continues. We've missed the last three for various reasons.

Planning a meet is a huge undertaking. I to anyone who takes on the task.

If anyone takes on the job for 2012, we are hoping to attend.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to thank Les and Vera for a wonderful lead and especially the extra tunnels that only our group saw. Vyk, it was good to see you and Sue having such a good time and it sounds like the party is still going on. Can't wait to see your MANY pictures.

Oh, and Ken, I couldn't have taken over something that was planned with such precision so don't even try it. Yoon Hee is one great organizer and gate keeper. Okay, you are too.

I'm sure pictures will be forthcoming soon, gang. Meanwhile, back to the reality of work but I'm still smiling.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,483 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Jerry and I are still in South Carolina. We'll be home tonight.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyras
Jerry and I are still in South Carolina. We'll be home tonight.
Yoon-Hee and I are both glad that you and Jerry were able to make it to SF'11. We look forward to seeing you again this year. Have a safe trip home.

Quick Reply: (SF11 PHOTOS): OK, Spring Flingers