S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Seat belts?

Old 08-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,540 Likes on 1,044 Posts
Default Seat belts?

to prove seat belts save lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOl5gF-SLNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOl5gF-SLNs
Old 08-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

And texting, while driving...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-t-pVe-LCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-t-pVe-LCs
Old 08-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

yup physics is a bitch.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:49 PM

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,045 Posts

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”

Jeremy Clarkson
Old 08-30-2016, 06:32 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

I have a friend, who is otherwise intelligent and reasonable, who refuses to wear a seat belt. He is a successful entrepreneur who has started and sold his business and is now financially comfortable. In addition, he is a pilot and 1/2 owner in a Beechcraft Bonanza. His reason for not wearing the seat belt in his cars: The federal government requires it, and no way is he going to do something that the feds tell him to do. I "tactfully" tell him that the FAA requires him to fasten his lap belt in his Bonanza, which he dutifully does, though there is less chance of an accident in the airplane than in his car, plus the lap belt is next to useless. How do you respond to "reasoning" like this??? So, when I ride with him, I have to listen to the seat-belt warning going off periodically, and no amount of bugging him makes any difference. Guess if someone crosses the yellow line and hits him, he will have proved that the GD Feds couldn't make him do a damn thing, even if it kills him. Sad...
Old 08-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Or maybe even worse... suffer from crippling injuries for the rest of his life. Reminds me of the Brooklyn Dodger, Roy Campanella.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Ca...obile_accident
Old 08-30-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Never saw Death on the Highway for drivers ed.

People like that can only be convinced by vivid facts and reality.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:14 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

This was just posted on FB by the Delaware State Police and it certainly reinforces this point:

Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Gary Fournier

Harrington – The Delaware State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit is currently investigating a serious two vehicle crash that occurred yesterday afternoon west of Harrington.

The incident occurred around 4:35 p.m. Tuesday August 30, 2016 as Adam L. Fox, 53 of Frederica, was operating a 2014 Volkswagen Passat southbound on Fox Hunters Road and was stopped at the stop sign at the intersection with Whiteleysburg Road. Brian J. Ennis, 23 of Lincoln, was operating a 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe eastbound on Whiteleysburg Road approaching the intersection with Fox Hunters Road when the Passat pulled into the intersection. The Tahoe struck the front end of the Passat and began to rotate in a counter-clockwise manner before traveling off the south side of the road where the rear of the Tahoe struck a utility pole. The SUV then overturned, ejecting Ennis from the vehicle. The Passat rotated in a counter-clockwise manner and came to a stop in the roadway.

Brian Ennis, who was not properly restrained, was removed from the scene by Delaware State Police Aviation and transported to Christiana Medical Center where he was admitted in critical condition.

Adam Fox was properly restrained and sustained non-life-threatening injuries. He was treated on the scene by EMS.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:53 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

When I go for my daily walk I take notice how many people do not wear their seat belts. It is amazing to see that so many don't.

And to make it worse, there quite a few that don't have their kids strapped in!
Old 08-31-2016, 06:24 AM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

I for one am woefully disappointed that Princess Diana's demise was not used to make her "The Poster Child" for NOT wearing a seat belt. Just think, if the media had latched on to the fact that the only survivor of the crash that killed three was the person in the right front passenger seat, the part of the car with the most damage (if I remember correctly). She had a 3.2 G cardiac contusion from hitting the back of the front seat (she died of cardiac arrest) and a 1.2 G injury to the back of her head when she struck the roof on the rebound.

Just think how many lives may have been saved if more people had been made aware of her (preventable) injuries.

Quick Reply: Seat belts?