S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Scenic route to S2K Days in Alpharetta, GA

Old 08-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,139 Likes on 770 Posts

Matt, this is the way I plan on going to Alpharetta. Take a look and see if you'd like to join me and follow the same route. I'm planning on leaving Alexandria on Tuesday morning so I can meet you in Marion Tuesday afternoon at the General Francis Marion (I'll get special rates if you want to stay over Tuesday night. The GFMH is my HQ for BOTD driving (how's that for TLA's?)). There's an excellent restaurant in Franklin, NC (Cafe REL) where we can fill up on food and fuel in one place. Strange place for a restaurant but definitely worth the stop if for dessert if nothing else. I added the link for Tripadvisor so you can decide if you'd like to eat there. If you want to arrive in Alpharetta on Thursday, I can make arrangements for a room for you in Asheville. I have to be in Alpharetta on Wednesday so I'm going to go straight down from Marion.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 517 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by kgf3076
Matt, this is the way I plan on going to Alpharetta. Take a look and see if you'd like to join me and follow the same route. I'm planning on leaving Alexandria on Tuesday morning so I can meet you in Marion Tuesday afternoon at the General Francis Marion (I'll get special rates if you want to stay over Tuesday night. The GFMH is my HQ for BOTD driving (how's that for TLA's?)). There's an excellent restaurant in Franklin, NC (Cafe REL) where we can fill up on food and fuel in one place. Strange place for a restaurant but definitely worth the stop if for dessert if nothing else. I added the link for Tripadvisor so you can decide if you'd like to eat there. If you want to arrive in Alpharetta on Thursday, I can make arrangements for a room for you in Asheville. I have to be in Alpharetta on Wednesday so I'm going to go straight down from Marion.

Thank you Ken,

As I type this I am debating with myself about when to leave for S2K Days. My original plan was to leave on Monday, then I modified it to stay at the GFMH, then drive the "BOTD" on Tuesday. Then perhaps bump over to the "TOTD" on Wednesday and perhaps hook up with the group coming from the north and drive the "TOTD" on Wednesday. The arrive in Alpharetta on Thursday. But the route that you sent also looks interesting and I have never been on those roads. I will have to sleep on this, and figure out what route to take. No matter what decision that I come to, they all seem like a better alternative to Interstates