S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Prince Edward Island, Canada

Old 01-27-2011, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Jan 26 2011, 01:41 PM
Hey, they last two times we went to Canada, when I made reservations, I was assured we didn't need AC in those there parts of the world. They lied...
Those liars. They're very polite about it, but they're lying bastards nonetheless.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:56 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 27 2011, 07:41 AM
Those liars. They're very polite about it, but they're lying bastards nonetheless.
With apologies to our known Canadian friends here at S2KI.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jan 26 2011, 11:40 PM
Go for the vacation. Stay for the giant blue fin tuna.
Sure, why not. Now that the cod has been all but extirpated from the region, might as well concentrate more heavily on another species. The Northern bluefin population is down approximately ninety percent according to most studies, so it shouldn't take much more than a decade to wipe them out completely.
Although, the decimation of the cod population has done wonders for the American lobster. Who knows, maybe the mackerel, herring, and sardine populations of the North Atlantic will fare as well with the bluefin gone. The price of lobster bait will drop, then we can get back to work on wiping out those pesky crustaceans. They're just a bunch of spineless bottom-feeders anyway.
And whatever's left of our fisheries we can sell to the Japanese. Perhaps it'll work out better than the last time we gave them carte blanche to harvest sea urchins in the Maine Gulf, which nearly succeeded in eradicating an entire ecosystem. Who could have possibly seen that coming.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey,Jan 27 2011, 08:56 AM
With apologies to our known Canadian friends here at S2KI.
I meant just those Canadians from PEI. All the others are fine, upstanding folks.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 27 2011, 07:41 AM

they always say,we don't need heating,in Florida...
Liars... ???
Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire,Jan 27 2011, 11:24 PM

they always say,we don't need heating,in Florida...
Liars... ???
It was a joke, and absolutely no offense was intended.

Floridians may or may not be lying if they tell you they don't need heating. It's a big state. In fact, I recall it snowing in some northern parts of Florida in the past. But if a Floridian tells you that he or she knows how to vote or use turn signals, the odds are pretty high the person is lying.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Been there many times, my best tip find a ferry and take it to get to the island. For-get the bridge. You will enjoy the ferry ride and see more.

On the island you have the east and west which are quiet Its busy in the middle Charlottetown , Far west is the picturesque

Murray harbor

If you get a chance check out Woodleigh Replicas & Gardens that is if they are still open, it was going downhill there last I knew. Its a park of mini replica castles of england.

This is Woodleigh replicas

Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh one more thing the ocean water there is warmer than off the Ma/Me coast Bring your swimsuit
Old 01-28-2011, 06:03 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 28 2011, 08:04 AM
It was a joke, and absolutely no offense was intended.
Dean,it was also a joke from my part;please,don't take it bad...

And, yes,most of the time(summer time)you really won't need AC;can be warm during daytime,but night time is another story.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dean,Jan 27 2011, 08:18 AM
Sure, why not. Now that the cod has been all but extirpated from the region, might as well concentrate more heavily on another species. The Northern bluefin population is down approximately ninety percent according to most studies, so it shouldn't take much more than a decade to wipe them out completely.
Although, the decimation of the cod population has done wonders for the American lobster. Who knows, maybe the mackerel, herring, and sardine populations of the North Atlantic will fare as well with the bluefin gone. The price of lobster bait will drop, then we can get back to work on wiping out those pesky crustaceans. They're just a bunch of spineless bottom-feeders anyway.
And whatever's left of our fisheries we can sell to the Japanese. Perhaps it'll work out better than the last time we gave them carte blanche to harvest sea urchins in the Maine Gulf, which nearly succeeded in eradicating an entire ecosystem. Who could have possibly seen that coming.
Tourist sport fishing was hardly the problem. In the west Atlantic, the trawler by catch that gets thrown back dead probably accounts for more fish than all the sports combined. It is hard to know because reporting is fraudulent.

The US is entertaining adding BFT to the endangered species list. If successful, that will ban all fishing for BFT in the US, but trawlers and long liners will continue to kill them by the thousands and throw them back in the ocean or sell them on the black market. Of course, the US cannot stop fishing outside it's territorial waters and does not dedicated the resources needed to stop foreign vessels from fishing in US waters.

Meanwhile, the East Atlantic population continues to be wiped out by super trawlers that break international law using illegal techniques and catching thousands of the fish in each trip.

The commercial fishery of both populations goes well beyond the limit every year and often does not bother to report the catch numbers. Sports are just as bad in that regard, but the commercial numbers are staggering. Mitsubishi is the biggest buyer and Japan is the biggest market yet they don't seem to be interested in conservation. The ICCAT is toothless, being run by members from countries that have no interest in reducing the catch:

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/Featured/B...nough-6529.html

I suppose I could decide not to ever fish for tuna. But I'm sure my fish of a lifetime will just end up in a trawler's net.

Quick Reply: Prince Edward Island, Canada