S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The Power of Tea!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:30 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts
Default The Power of Tea!

Besides it's recent political influence and it's part in the American Revolution, tea has many virtues. Tea can be a cleansing influence on any body . It has healing qualities. Tea can bring people together.

The Power of Tea

Have some Tea

fltsfshr
Old 07-19-2011, 04:36 AM

Received 3,209 Likes on 1,859 Posts

No tea for me. Not as a drink or a political party.

I've never cared for tea, not hot, or iced, or sweet tea, green tea or any other tea. No coffee either, or coffee flavored beverages. Coffee milk is big around here. Not for me. Diet Coke, OJ, Milk, Lemonade, that's about it. The only hot liquid I may drink is a hot chocolate.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:47 AM

Whether or not Tea can heal the country is another issue. Tea can help anything.

Check out some of Teas virtues.

Tea contains antioxidants. Antioxidants can help slow down the aging process, and help cells regenerate and repair. Many studies suggest antioxidants also assist our bodies in preventing cancer.

Tea can lower stress hormone levels. Black tea can reduce the effects of stressful events by lowering the amount of the stress hormone cortisol in the body.

Tea fights cavities and reduces plaque. Compounds in tea are capable of killing or suppressing growth and acid production of cavity causing bacteria in our mouths.

Tea keeps you hydrated. Every cup of tea you drink, especially low or no caffeine varieties, counts as a cup of water with the added bonus of providing antioxidants as well.

Tea may reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack. Tea can help prevent formation of dangerous blood clots which are often the cause of strokes and heart attacks.

Tea can help lower blood pressure. Drinking green tea daily can reduce your risk of hypertension by up to 50%.

Tea aids your body in digestion. Tea has been used for thousands of years as an after-meal digestive aid. It can also help relieve stomach cramps
Tea may help prevent diabetes. There is some evidence to suggest that green tea might help to lower the risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes.

Tea can help beat bacteria. An Egyptian study testing the effects of green tea on antibiotics found the tea to enhance the bacteria killing effects of the drugs.

Tea aids your immune defenses. A study comparing the immune activity levels of coffee drinkers vs. tea drinkers found the tea drinkers to have levels up to five times higher.

Source: Eat Drink Better (http://s.tt/12zQE)

fltsfshr
Old 07-19-2011, 05:01 AM

Oh I know it's good for you, however it doesn't even smell good to me. Not tempting at all.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 AM

Oh I know it's good for you, however it doesn't even smell good to me. Not tempting at all.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:05 AM

Received 4,278 Likes on 3,327 Posts

Coffee milk lol I remember the old ad "you'll smack your lips when it's eclipse"
Old 07-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

I'm a major tea drinker - mainly raspberry fruit tea, or other fruit teas. I drink very little coffee. Pretty much only when we go out to dinner and I have some with dessert.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious how each of you define "tea". I'm sure the modern version of "tea" is nothing like what the East Indian and the Chinese/Japanese drink. Nor is it like what the British called "tea" during the American Revolution. So when you say "tea" is good for you, what kind of "tea" are you talking about?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I love tea, but my dentist gets annoyed at me because the tea stains my teeth, especially the backs. I am not sure how to prevent this from happening.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:29 AM

I am totally enjoying my tea this morning. It taste better than usual. Maybe it's because it's Sun Tea, made with the light of day.

Msperky This is for you. Tea and Dreams

fltsfshr

Quick Reply: The Power of Tea!