S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Pet peeves at the office

Old 04-13-2006 | 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by JonasM,Apr 13 2006, 11:00 AM
We still have no explanation.......

JonasM
Maybe the only person on cleanup duty at the time was male, so he just didn't go into the women's restroom. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 04-13-2006 | 11:10 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by JonasM,Apr 13 2006, 11:00 AM
We still have no explanation.......

JonasM
Duhhhh, she was going in the restrooms where Lainey sent the dirty salesmen!!
Do yall remember when we had the Spring Fling in Hagerstown??? We all had to use the only available restroom in the building and I was at the end of the line . Well, I finally got to go in there and I heard someone else enter, go into a stall and use the potty (#1 same as me). Then I stepped out to wash my hands the other person stepped out to was HIS hands!!! First time I ever used the his/hers restroom with a he.
Old 04-13-2006 | 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondDave2005,Apr 13 2006, 03:00 PM
Maybe the only person on cleanup duty at the time was male, so he just didn't go into the women's restroom. That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.
All across the state?

JonasM
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:28 PM
20 Year Member

I have seen many a messy ladies' room over the years. Some women, NONE of whom hang out here, are just not neat. In fact they can be downright messy when they know someone is going to clean up after them. Hence, the paper towel mess in the ladies' room. Of course that could be that more ladies than men wash their hands afterwards and the cleaning staff can't keep up with the trash.

As far as pee on the floor and smelly bathrooms, I have NO idea why some women make a mess. IT could go on the pet peeve list, along with an unflushed toilet in a restroom. IMHO you should leave it as you'd want to find it!
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:00 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by captainbk,Apr 13 2006, 08:24 AM
Question: As a man, do you know how you can tell when you have accidently walked into the womens room?

Answer: The handwriting on the walls is neater.
According to several studies researching rest room grafitti the other way to tell is that the grafitti in "Ladies Rooms" is mostly about sex. Whereas in Men's rooms politics and social comments ranked above sex.
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:08 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by valentine,Apr 13 2006, 03:10 PM
Then I stepped out to wash my hands the other person stepped out to was HIS hands!!! First time I ever used the his/hers restroom with a he.
Unisex restrooms are fairly common in Belgium. I was slightly taken back when at a nice restaurant in Brussels I went down the stairs into a sizeable "washroom" there were three sinks dead ahead, stalls off to the right and the urinals off to the left. As I was at one of the urinals, the door to a stall opened, a female walked over the the sink, washed her hands and left.

It is also fairly common in Germany to have female washroom attendants in the mens facility. It is expected to tip a DM for her services of keeping the place clean and handing one some paper towels after washing one's hands.
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:33 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Apr 13 2006, 09:00 PM
According to several studies researching rest room grafitti the other way to tell is that the grafitti in "Ladies Rooms" is mostly about sex. Whereas in Men's rooms politics and social comments ranked above sex.
That sounds about right. How many women hang around the politics threads? I guess we have more important things on our minds.
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:34 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Apr 13 2006, 09:08 PM
Unisex restrooms are fairly common in Belgium. I was slightly taken back when at a nice restaurant in Brussels I went down the stairs into a sizeable "washroom" there were three sinks dead ahead, stalls off to the right and the urinals off to the left. As I was at one of the urinals, the door to a stall opened, a female walked over the the sink, washed her hands and left.

It is also fairly common in Germany to have female washroom attendants in the mens facility. It is expected to tip a DM for her services of keeping the place clean and handing one some paper towels after washing one's hands.
She's really the "restroom police". She's there to make sure you guys wash your hands. If not, she radios the head waiter, who won't serve your dinner until you go back and wash your hands.
Old 04-13-2006 | 06:07 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Apr 13 2006, 09:34 PM
She's really the "restroom police". She's there to make sure you guys wash your hands. If not, she radios the head waiter, who won't serve your dinner until you go back and wash your hands.
Quite frankly, I am appalled to see how many men do not wash their hands after mother nature's call.
Old 04-13-2006 | 06:12 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Apr 13 2006, 10:07 PM
Quite frankly, I am appalled to see how many men do not wash their hands after mother nature's call.
I may have mentioned this or Rick may have told you this story before. Rick was at a seminar. He used the restroom and was washing his hands. A guy exited the restroom without washing his hands. Guess who was passing the rolls at lunch? Rick decided to go "carb free" that day.

Quick Reply: Pet peeves at the office