S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Pet peeves at the office

Old 04-13-2006 | 04:13 AM
20 Year Member

^
I know guys have certain "rules" but I didn't realize it was that complicated to go to the mens' room. I do know that if two guys happen to go to a movie together, there MUST be an empty seat between them if space permits.

I was out yesterday. My computer was on today when I arrived. An anti-virus scan had completed that does not start on it's own was on the screen. Wonder if I'll have A MAJOR pet peeve with the boss sitting at my desk, messing with my stuff while I'm out, before today is done.
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:24 AM

Question: As a man, do you know how you can tell when you have accidently walked into the womens room?

Answer: The handwriting on the walls is neater.
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:33 AM
20 Year Member

Off topic, but it's my thread right? I have walked into the wrong restroom on a couple of occasions, in error. I've also used the mens' room when I just didn't feel like waiting for the ladies room. (either a one stall room, or I'll have Rick "stand guard.") I can be impatient when I have to.......

Anyway, one time while shopping in Wal-Mart (yes Wal-Mart) I went to the restroom. I was washing my hands and in the mirror over the sink I noticed little boy behind me using a urnial. Now I had not noticed a urinal when I walked in. So my first thougt was that I had gone into a "family restroom." Then two guys walked in and I realized my error. I hurried out of there, and could not believe that I had not even noticed the sign on the door that clearly stated it was a MENS' ROOM.
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:37 AM

Oh nooooo, why do I feel that another thread is about to go down the toilet?
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Apr 13 2006, 07:37 AM
And this would be different ....how?
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by captainbk,Apr 13 2006, 06:39 AM
And this would be different ....how?
Oh the shame of it all.
Old 04-13-2006 | 07:35 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Apr 13 2006, 07:37 AM
I hate when I run into the ladies' room to quickly tinkle (I do my other business at home thank you and in the commode, not the shower ) and some nasty 900 pound gorilla female is doing an enormous nasty foul smelling pile in the next cubicle. The aroma from the mushroom cloud that has to be over that stall seems to waft over and attach itself to every pore of everyone in the place. I cannot flush and get out fast enough to avoid it. Of course as soon as she discharges (loudly) her mess, she then says, "aaaaah". She's probably one of those filthy people who doesn't wash her hands afterward either.
Old 04-13-2006 | 07:38 AM

TMI.
Old 04-13-2006 | 07:47 AM
20 Year Member

OK, still on bathroom subject and office issues as well. I have a ladies' room right off of my office. I clean it myself. The mens' room in the shop is If my ladies' room was broken, I would go to the nearest donut shop to use their restroom before using the mens' room here.

From time to time, a salesman/vendor will be visiting me in my office and ask to use a bathroom. I am embarassed to send them to the mens' room. While I'm tempted to ask for a blood test before I allow some to use my facility, I often tell them to use my restroom. I have to admit, I LISTEN for the water in the sink after they flush. If no handwashing seems to be happening, the next time, it's off to the dirty mens' room for them!
Old 04-13-2006 | 08:00 AM

What I find interesting is our trip to Maine last summer. Without exception, when we used the public bathrooms at state parks, or rest areas, or in town, the men's was OK, while Virginija came out complaining of how smelly and dirty (pee all over the floor) the women's restrooms were. This was not a case of different standards, where I didn't care about the condition of the restroom while she did - our floors were dry and reasonably clean, the women's weren't. Kind of the opposite of what you'd expect.

We still have no explanation.......

JonasM

Quick Reply: Pet peeves at the office