S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty's drive in the snow in Oh & PA pic's

Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,531 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Okay, photos go up and then I hit the gym. Only one day of exercise in a week and I put on a few pounds.

First off, I'm so sorry I don't have any photos of Jeff, Phil, Sam and my other Vintage buddies that were at Jeff's party on December 2nd. I didn't have my camera with me at the party. (Phil, even if you aren't Vintage aged , I still consider you a Vintage buddy since we met that way.)

^My flight out of LAX on Friday, Dec. 1st.

^Looking out the window at LAX while I try to kill time. I was way too early to the airport.

^Looking down on Los Angeles after turning around over the ocean and heading east. I live 57 miles north-east of LAX when driving.

^Lake Erie looking east with Cleveland in the background, on Sunday, Dec. 3rd. I drove around Cleveland on Sunday before I joined Jeff (Hardtopguy) and his family to go see his daughter, Lauren, play indoor soccer. There were all these people hanging out on corners with tickets in their hands, trying to sell them. I finally asked one man what he was selling. Tickets to the Brown's game for that night. It was amazing to me that all these people I saw walking were going to go sit out in the 20 degree weather to watch a game. Californian's are such wussies. As I was in stores and out and about, I overheard lots of people talking about the Browns. I'm so glad they won that night. I think it made a lot of people happy.

^This was my rental, Ford Escape. It did fine for me. Decent stereo too.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE=Ruined 2,Dec 8 2006, 10:21 AM]The guys are better looking in PA as well
Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 824 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 8 2006, 01:18 PM
I think I agree. Sorry, Jeff, Jonas and Carmen (Ohio Racer). After my one week back there, I like Pennsylvania better than Ohio, for the trees and hills. Also, I drove through both Cleveland and Pittsburgh and only Pittsburgh made me want to get out of the car and look around. Of course, it helped that Maury and Beth gave me the local's perspective the day before.
Just wait'll you spend some time in Virginia.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras,Dec 8 2006, 01:42 PM
Let me think about that one. PA has Jerry, Phil, Maury,...

Ohio has Jonas, Jeff, Carmen, and Sam...

That's a toughie!
Nice diplomacy, Patricia!

JonasM
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Member (Premium)

This batch of photos were all taken on Monday, Dec. 4th. In the morning I was in Cleveland at the Embassy Suites. Jeff got me a killer deal! Only $59 a night for a room with a bedroom, bathroom (or course), fridge, micro, 2 TVS, and a sitting room with a couch. I see why Matt loves Embassy Suites.

I had lunch with Jeff, and then drove to the Euclid area, and checked in to my Comfort Inn, dumpy hotel. There was already snow on the ground there. I met Jonas, Virginija, and Anika for dinner at Muldoon's and then went to their house after dinner for some sparkling red wine (yummy!) and talking. Oh, and I stole his computer for a bit. In case you didn't know, Jonas is a total techno geek!

^Embassy Suites and my rental.

^When I arrived at the Comfort Inn near Euclid, Ohio.

^Jonas's fine little red Fit in the Muldoon's parking lot. Notice the snow. I kept looking out the window during dinner to see what was happening. I know you back-easterners probably don't give it a thought, but I had no idea what the snow would do to the street. I have very little experience with it.

^Jonas and me.

^Jonas, Virginija and Anika.

^Virginija and Anika.

^Inside Muldoon's.

^Inside Muldoon's.

^Jonas's home when we got there after dinner.

^The Comfort Inn when I got back that night.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Dec 8 2006, 12:57 PM
Just wait'll you spend some time in Virginia.
Amen to that, sista. That slogan about "Virginia is for Lovers" would have her in deep trouble if she ever set foot in that state. Loves me some Jinja mensesses!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Dec 8 2006, 01:26 PM
They should make you the poster child for the event after suckering me up there for this carnival.

I can't wait. (I think)
Your room is already booked,in THIS Hotel.

Enjoy:
http://www.icehotel-canada.com/en/im...s/index.en.php
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Member (Premium)

^My Escape rental near Euclid on Tuesday morning when I learned what that huge tooth brush in the car was for. I drove from here in Ohio, to Hamarville, Pennsylvania on Tuesday. Maury picked me up at my Holiday Inn and he, Beth and I went to the gym. I did the elliptical and they did their spinning class (bicycling). Even that experience was different. Lots of fine looking guys in their gym. Phil is right. Hot guys live in Pennsylvania, him included! Very different from the guys I see in my gym at home. Then it was back to their house for a shower and a delicious dinner. After that Beth drove us through Hartwood Mansion Park (?). I'd guess about 3 miles of Christmas lights. Absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like that any where around here.

^Wednesday, Beth and Maury showed me Pittsburgh, from above. They pointed out the glass buildings of PPG and told me about what's inside. Then I visited them on Thursday and saw the inside. It's really special getting a tour of a town from people who have lived in the area their whole lives. They treated me like family. ---->Beth and Maury.

^Where the Steelers play, right?

^ Me and Maury.

^Beth and Maury.

^We rode the incline up and down.

^Looking into the car on the inclined plane.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

WELCOME BACK TO THE LEFT COAST PATTY.
Your pics of snow driving makes me miss it. I drove an ambulance (Army 4 WD) in Korea for 2 winters which was fun. (that part of it anyway). Going to Tahoe Christmas and hope I get to put my 4Runner in 4WD for the first time. It's so quiet driving on fresh powder.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Great pic's, and I agree with what you said about Pitt's and Clev..
Jonas is correct about those Pa men, just check out Maury

CORNER

Quick Reply: Patty's drive in the snow in Oh & PA pic's