S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
My RAV4 driver's seat was removed from my vehicle today to get the torn section of leather removed and replaced. When I get the seat back on Friday, I'll be ready to sell the RAV4. I am so looking forward to replacing it with the Crosstour. As soon as I get back from the tomcatt, I'm going to get the Crosstour and sell my RAV4. BTW, Adam, is the leather repair man who is fixing the seat, under warranty by Toyota. I told him my plan and he said that he tells people to get factory Honda leather but not factory Toyota leather, which he finds much thinner. He said he'll tell people to have aftermarket leather put in Toyotas.

Interesting. I'm not all that impressed with our Honda leather interior. My Jeep leather interior has proven much more durable. The Honda has that wear spot on the seat bolster which seems to be pretty common in the S2000's. It got repaired once, but it was more like a paint job.

I'm still trying to figure out this Crosstour. Is it a large Accord? Is it a cross between SUV and the "crossover" type vehicle? Is it a mini-van?

Patty, you have had a mini van and an SUV for your around town cars, what is it about this car that makes you want to get rid of your Rav4? Just curious.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Interesting. I'm not all that impressed with our Honda leather interior. My Jeep leather interior has proven much more durable. The Honda has that wear spot on the seat bolster which seems to be pretty common in the S2000's. It got repaired once, but it was more like a paint job.

I'm still trying to figure out this Crosstour. Is it a large Accord? Is it a cross between SUV and the "crossover" type vehicle? Is it a mini-van?

Patty, you have had a mini van and an SUV for your around town cars, what is it about this car that makes you want to get rid of your Rav4? Just curious.
Lainey, my S has over 92,000 miles on it and it's 6 1/2 years old. The leather may have character from my weight, and the foam inside the side bolster has started decomposing a bit, but there aren't any tears. At just 3 years old, and with less than 32,000 miles, the very thin vinyl side of the seat is just splitting on the RAV4. I found out that it's not uncommon. I guess it's not really leather that is having the problem but it's just poor quality material. I was going along fine with the RAV until that happened. It really made me start to wonder what would happen next. I've loved the acceleration of the RAV but I've never felt at home in it, like I've done with my 6 Hondas. I have bluetooth which I could have programed to make phone calls with voice commands but I never even did it. Anyway, when I bought the RAV4, Honda didn't make anything with a V6 that wasn't too large and thirsty. I didn't know the Crosstour had a V6, until Raymo started this thread. So, the fact that it's a Honda with a V6 and not too large, and that I like the way it feels on the road, makes me want to get rid of the RAV4 before I have more problems with it, due to lower quality. I really bought a cheaper car (the base RAV4) and upgraded it with all the bells and whistles. It's not Toyota's top quality, like a Lexus RX350, SUV would be. For equivalent money, I believe Hondas are just better.

Yes, the Crosstour is basically an Accord wagon, just like the 1991 Accord wagon I put over 100,000 miles on before buying my 1998 Odyssey, and putting over 100,000 miles on it. They could have just called it an Accord wagon but they call it an Accord Crosstour. All the reviews I've read on it say it doesn't quite fit into any of the categories. It works for me, though. If you want to compare it to other Hondas, this site would help: Build Your Honda
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

I hope you enjoy your new Honda, Patty.

PS Our leather on the driver's seat of the S was showing wear really early on. It hasn't gotten worse (58K on the 2004), but it's not any better, not that I thought it could get better.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

patty
i like the car color and the 18 wheels you are looking at for it The only think i have to say is that i wish you would let me get your nsx wheels powder coated that same color for your nsx. It would look so good it would bring tears to my eyes.

tom
Old 06-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Tom:

Before you get all about Patty's wheels, I think you should powder coat the wheels on your silver NSX. Then maybe Patty will have her NSX wheels done. I'm thinking about powder coating the wheels on my CR-V if it would make it go faster.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k2go
patty
i like the car color and the 18 wheels you are looking at for it The only think i have to say is that i wish you would let me get your nsx wheels powder coated that same color for your nsx. It would look so good it would bring tears to my eyes.

tom
Tom, you just never give up do you?

I agree that the wheel color is nice but I bought an unmolested NSX and am trying to keep it that way.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by raymo19
Ordered wheel locks, door and moonroof visors, and splash guards from Handa Accessories. Should be here by this time next week.
Bling bling arrived today. I'll post pics when it's all on.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:52 PM

No dubs and spinners?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:56 PM

Barb said "Maybe later". And she called you a dickweed.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:00 PM

I can't argue with that.

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread