S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

You are sure right about the Crosstour site being slow.

The ZDX is a bit deceptive. It does require premium fuel (bigger, hotter engine.... no "cylinder management"). It is lower, wider and has 2" less wheelbase than the Crosstour, but according to the spec sheets it actually has MORE cargo room than the Honda. Go figure . The headroom is a bit less in the Acura, but hiproom is about 2" more in the ZDX.

The Crosstour color will be CJ's choice. Depending on the day of the week, she seems to like the Opal Sage with Ivory interior, the Polished Metal (Gray), or the Twilight Blue. She hasn't been able to see them in the daylight, which I think is why she hasn't been able to settle on which one.

Good to hear that you are seeing that kind of fuel mileage on the open road. Sounds like the 21mpg 'average' should be very attainable.

Glad you like the car. Will report in if/when we "pull the trigger"
Old 09-28-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Patty, I think you may need some serious high speed driving to seat the rings. That's what I do with every new car I buy. Works for me.
Er....ah...have done that a few times already. CT will get to 100 mph in close to a 1/4 mile if you let it eat.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
Originally Posted by S1997' timestamp='1317242073' post='21017713
Patty, I think you may need some serious high speed driving to seat the rings. That's what I do with every new car I buy. Works for me.
Er....ah...have done that a few times already. CT will get to 100 mph in close to a 1/4 mile if you let it eat.
All I know is that when I get stuck on a two lane road and need to pass, I'm doing 90 mph in a blink.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Member (Premium)

So, I took the Crosstour in for an oil change and tire rotation. I told the service writer that it's been burning oil and that I've added 1 1/3 quarts. He looked at his computer screen and came back with, "Honda says these engines can burn 1 quart in 1,000 miles and it's acceptable." He also said that the Accord has had a change in the programing to help with the oil burning problem for the V6. (Tom R. do you know anything about that?) It's possible that the Crosstour will have a change coming as well. He also said it was "break-in oil" in there, right after a different Honda employee told me that they didn't use break-in oil any more. Well, all I know for sure is that I'm going to keep an eye on the oil level and see if it continues to go down or if it's a break-in oil issue.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
...He also said that the Accord has had a change in the programing to help with the oil burning problem for the V6.
^^

Seems Honda is doing a lot of things "after the fact" with their software programing. My 2010 CR-V needed a "software update" as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

We are in the very early stages of looking for a replacement for our Jeep Grand Cherokee, but we want something with a very comfortable ride due to our back issues. I'm leaning more toward a sedan but +1 feels we should go with a comfortable small suv instead. We looked at the new Grand Cherokees, but they are now wayyyyy too big and I'd need a stepladder to get in. The CRV is TOTALLY OFF OUR LIST. Does the CrossTour offer riding comfort? I want something that rides like a land yacht.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM

You and Jim should go drive one. It's the most comfortable car I've ever owned although admittedly comfort has not always been the highest priority for me. Maybe Dean will chime in on the comfort level for back seat passengers.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Yes, Valentine, that's one of the Crosstour major pluses. Super comfy ride and seats. That's one of the reasons I like to drive it. It also has lots of ground clearance and rides higher than a normal sedan. I like that but some guys on the Crosstour forum have lowered theirs.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Yes, Valentine, that's one of the Crosstour major pluses. Super comfy ride and seats. That's one of the reasons I like to drive it. It also has lots of ground clearance and rides higher than a normal sedan. I like that but some guys on the Crosstour forum have lowered theirs.
Do you have heated adjustable seats? Does it offer multiple seat positions with memory positions for multiple drivers? I guess we need to add the Crosstour to our list of cars to try out, but I've been leaning more toward Lincolns or Cadillacs for creature comfort (if we go with a sedan). Another one I'm verrrrrry seriously considering is the Lexus small suv. I like its more rounded body style. I'm realllllly not in love with those square trucky looking suvs nor do I want one of the caddy or lincolns because they're just mega huge gas guzzlers.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by valentine
Do you have heated adjustable seats? Does it offer multiple seat positions with memory positions for multiple drivers? I guess we need to add the Crosstour to our list of cars to try out, but I've been leaning more toward Lincolns or Cadillacs for creature comfort (if we go with a sedan). Another one I'm verrrrrry seriously considering is the Lexus small suv. I like its more rounded body style. I'm realllllly not in love with those square trucky looking suvs nor do I want one of the caddy or lincolns because they're just mega huge gas guzzlers.
Yes and yes. The key fobs are marked 1 and 2 and the seats and side mirrors can be set for each key. The steering wheel has tilt and telescopes as well but you have to adjust that manually.

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread