S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Yeah, that was what sold me on it, too. Super fast! The speed and acceleration took me by surprise after getting back into it, after driving a rental car. When the buyer tried to back it out of my driveway, the acceleration then, scared him. He said he was going to have to get used to it. I took him for a drive the first time he came to see it and he was very impressed.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

OK Patty, I stand corrected. I still think you did ok. I have 4WD and V6 also, just no leather. The V6 Rav is the fastest vehicle made by Toyota, I was told.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Morris
OK Patty, I stand corrected. I still think you did ok. I have 4WD and V6 also, just no leather. The V6 Rav is the fastest vehicle made by Toyota, I was told.
I started high with the listing on Auto Trader, at around $25,000. I don't mind coming down in price. I'd hate to have five callers the first day wanting to buy it. Then I'd know it's under priced. I'm okay with it. My S is clean and in the garage again, with the hardtop in a spare bedroom. Yippee!

Now to wash the Crosstour since it's always out in the driveway. I'll be putting over 1,000 miles on it with my trip to Colorado this month. I've learned that it's not very fast going 0 to 60mph, like the RAV4 is, but it really gets a move on when you're trying to pass and already going 60 mph, or so. No problem then. It sounds great, too. It has a nice growl coming out from under the hood.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Baroom, broom!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
...I'll be putting over 1,000 miles on it with my trip to Colorado this month. I've learned that it's not very fast going 0 to 60mph, like the RAV4 is, but it really gets a move on when you're trying to pass and already going 60 mph, or so. No problem then. It sounds great, too. It has a nice growl coming out from under the hood.
^^ Probably over 2000 miles round trip.

I've complained from time to time on Vintage about how gutless my 2010 CR-V seems to be...especailly from slow rolling or standing starts. I took it to the dealer today for my first oil change/tire rotation, etc, and told them about the hesitation problem. It turns out that Honda has a (free) software update available (S/B 10-077) that fixes the problem. I can definitely tell the difference, and the transmission also shifts at better intervals. I think I actually like this car now!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1313341323' post='20876616
...I'll be putting over 1,000 miles on it with my trip to Colorado this month. I've learned that it's not very fast going 0 to 60mph, like the RAV4 is, but it really gets a move on when you're trying to pass and already going 60 mph, or so. No problem then. It sounds great, too. It has a nice growl coming out from under the hood.

I've complained from time to time on Vintage about how gutless my 2010 CR-V seems to be...especailly from slow rolling or standing starts. I took it to the dealer today for my first oil change/tire rotation, etc, and told them about the hesitation problem. It turns out that Honda has a (free) software update available (S/B 10-077) that fixes the problem. I can definitely tell the difference, and the transmission also shifts at better intervals. I think I actually like this car now!
I knew that 1,000 miles was too low. That's one way. Thanks for catching that.

I'm glad you're happier with your CR-V! Just try not to start racing from the stop lights, again, hotdog.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1313341323' post='20876616

Jerry, can you put a "chip" in that CRV??

Gutless cars aren't for me............yet. There is a highway on ramp not far from my office. If I'm on that ramp and the car doesn't have enough "get up and go" to get out of it's own way, I'd rather drive something else.

My Jeep does fine on that on ramp. A four cylinder does fine too, depending on the vehicle.

Back in my Renault days the four cylinder standard transmission did just fine on that ramp, the automatic was a dog. The car was light, but it only had a few horses under the hood.The base engine produced 64 hp (48 kW; 65 PS) to get the 2,030-pound (921 kg) Alliance from 0 to 60 mph in a leisurely 14.3 seconds,(Then we bought some power) For the final 1987 model year, a limited production, high performance version of the Alliance was marketed as the Renault GTA. It came in 2-door sedan or convertible form and had a 95 hp (71 kW; 96 PS) 2.0 L engine.

Had to buy winter tires and wheels for it. Driving that thing in the snow with OEM tires was probably just as bad as a S in the snow with OEM tires. You couldn't stay on the road!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:37 AM

Lainey.

I don't know about a "chip" for the CR-V, but I'm pretty happy with the way it performs after getting the software update. I'm taking a long trip soon, so I'll see how it does. I wish Honda offered a V6 in the CR-V. I think that would be a perfect power-to-weight combination...with a little advantage toward the power.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Just catching up on this, glad you got it sold finally Patty

I need some of them heavy duty mudflaps on my Fit.

Originally Posted by raymo19
Other than the S, the Fit is turning into pretty much my favorite Honda ever

It even got synthetic oil last week
Old 08-16-2011, 04:55 PM

They're not mud flaps - they're splash guards - let's keep it real.

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread