S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 06-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

^My new wheels from H and A are being delivered by UPS tomorrow. Too bad I'll be on a plane to Columbus, Ohio. Good thing Jerry will be here to sign for them. I just hope he doesn't have them on his CR-V when I get home.

I sure hope I'm happy with them since I've never seen them in person.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
No offense taken and I totally get your curiosity. I like the CR-V but I wanted a V6, after driving my very fast Toyota RAV4 with a V6 for the past 3 years. The CR-V is also a tad short inside for me to lay my bicycle in without having to remove the front wheel. I like the Pilot but I want every drop of MPG I can get so it's out of the running. Gas here in So Cal is still over $4/gallon for 91 octane (our highest octane) and just under $4/gallon for 87 octane. The Pilot is truck like and I really prefer something car like. Also, I won't buy another car that takes premium, so all Acuras were out. I had a 1991 Accord wagon (5-spd, manual) that I loved and the Crosstour is similar. My bike fits inside, it's relatively fast and it's a Honda. I call it my beetle-butt. My biggest problem with the Crosstour was the color selection. I didn't like any of the colors so chose the one (Glacier Blue/grey-blue) that I disliked the least. It was an added bonus that the Crosstours don't seem to be selling. My price was $923 under Invoice!
Makes sense! I hate premium and the MDX is horrible on gas mileage. No matter what we do or how we drive we average a bulletproof 17-18MPG!!!!! With our growing family the mpg trade off between the Crosstour and the Pilot would have been worth it for the extra room. We already piled the 3 of us plug the dog in the MDX with bro-in-law, his wife and kid and took off for a weekend. Plus with the winters we have been getting here in PA lately the extra ability of the MDX/Pilot is nice to have.

I personally don't think the Crrosstour's are as ugly as the rep they have but they are certainly no CTS Wagon or TSX Wagon. The old accord wagons were awesome!

Looking forward to seeing you in a few days at Tomcatt. Just got back from having the cars alignment done and I need to wash her now!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by JonasM
Don't know about anyone else, but to me, the Pilot and the CR-V are trucks...

JonasM
^^ Believe me, the CR-V is no truck!

The Pilot and Ridgeline could be considered trucks, but the CR-V is a crossover, small SUV.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Originally Posted by JonasM' timestamp='1308149219' post='20684713
Don't know about anyone else, but to me, the Pilot and the CR-V are trucks...

JonasM
^^ Believe me, the CR-V is no truck!

The Pilot and Ridgeline could be considered trucks, but the CR-V is a crossover, small SUV.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Member (Premium)

My new wheels look pretty good in the boxes from HandA. I'm getting them put on Tuesday (tomorrow) .
Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

What the heck did Jerry do all weekend? Did you check the mileage on the NSX?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:15 PM

^^ ...

The tough part was finding someone to install the splash guards on her new Crosstour (and send her pics) while I was out the NSX!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:36 AM

^^^
Old 06-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

I haven't looked at this thread in a while and was shocked, yes shocked, to see that you sold your RAV, Patty. You're going to miss the acceleration, even if your Crossfire, Crosstour, Crossover or whatever it is, has a V6. I can't vouch for your leather problem, but you need not be worried about something else going wrong. I'm on my second RAV (after 3 4Runners) and they have all been zero problems. I really think you are a bit like me and just like a new car every three years (or less). Any excuse to get one is good.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Dean (Morris), yeah, I might miss the RAV4's acceleration, it's nice blue color and the huge capacity for cargo. I definitely won't miss the driver's seat shape and feel, though, especially on a trip over 40 miles. I won't miss the XM radio losing signal, sometimes, when I drive north or next to trees. I will miss the ease of putting my bike in the back. I haven't sold it yet but I hope to get it on Auto Trader by this weekend. I normally keep my vehicles until 100,000 miles and then I look for my next Honda. My '91 Accord wagon and my '98 Odyssey both had over 100,000 miles when I sold them. I just like the feel of the Crosstour more than the Toyota. I never felt at home in the RAV4 but I sure do in the Crosstour. I plan on keeping it for 100,000 miles.

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread