S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Yes, I did. I haven't made a post yet but when I do I'll still be Kyras with the red rose avatar.

BTW, it's a sloooow site.
Me too - and it is pretty slow. I started a thread in the intro section and have been reading up in some others.

Let me know your results with the voice recognition - it doesn't seem to understand "hick" very well at all. I'd recommend deleting the cargo cover thingy as your first mod as it seems to serve no useful purpose but gets in the way a lot.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,547 Likes on 1,917 Posts

I tried to get the AC going on 70 degrees and it worked in the dealership parking lot but not when I tried it alone. It repeated "70 degrees" but didn't turn on. May be operator error.

I did post to thank the guy who started the thread on the door sills. One post down. Don't see myself hanging out too much on there, though. Can't imagine a Crosstour meet.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
I tried to get the AC going on 70 degrees and it worked in the dealership parking lot but not when I tried it alone. It repeated "70 degrees" but didn't turn on. May be operator error.
Try Auto and Sync then set the temp - seems to work pretty well. If that fails just undo Sync and press the AC button and select temps for both sides - although I'm not sure how much difference you'll see side to side.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Originally Posted by raymo19
Originally Posted by vader1' timestamp='1306534260' post='20624386
Congrats. When I first saw the pictures of the Crosstour I thought it was the goofiest looking thing I had ever seen. Then I looked around the interior and drove one when shooping for a boat puller and really began to appeciate it.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but does alot of things quietly well and with a lot of refinement and comfort for the driver over something like a truck.
Coming from a PT Cruiser/Si combination this is definitely a step up. It melds 2 into 1 pretty well. I'll need a week or two with the manual to figure out all the "stuff" though.
I don't know about the PT Cruiser, but I bet you're really going to miss the Si.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ralper
I don't know about the PT Cruiser, but I bet you're really going to miss the Si.
Oddly enough not as much as I thought - so far.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:32 AM
Community Organizer

Been lurking around Vintage for awhile but haven't had time to post. Hi again! I have a serious question since the wife and I went through this last year. Why would someone buy a Crosstour over a Pilot? The Pilot is right around 1k more then a similar Crosstour (EX-L w/ Navi). I think you get a lot more car for the money and the gas mileage isn't that much of a difference 16/22/18 for the Pilot and 18/26/21 for the Crosstour.

When the wife and I went shopping for the baby hauler last year we looked at just about everything under the sun. Having found nothing we liked made by other manufacturers we came back to the Honda family. We really liked the CR-V, especially the rear leg room. However the lack of memory seats killed us (6'1 vs. 4'10) as well as no center seat LATCH system. I had my heart set on a Pilot and did everything to try and convince her to get one but she felt like they were too big I.E boxy and it threw her off. We looked at the Crosstour but when we realized how close the price was to a Pilot I said no. We ended up with an MDX because it did almost everything the Pilot did and was a bit bigger then the CR-V but felt smaller then a Pilot even though they ride on the same frame. The bonus of it being an Acura made the wifey feel like she had a cool car and was a plus since I had an S2K and I needed to get her something nice.

I could see getting one over the CR-V thanks to the lower ride height and the addition of some of the more upscale features like heated seats and driver memory. Then I come back to the price and the premium over the CR-V is so much larger and the price jump to the Pilot is so small.

Kyras you know me so you know I am not trying to flame...truly curious!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Don't know about anyone else, but to me, the Pilot and the CR-V are trucks. I can't see a truck ever in my garage. The Crosstour, though big, has a chance. It's a bit expensive, though. Virginija and I may look for a used one in another year or so. Spending as much on a family car as I spent on the S is just not feasible.

I think that the Crosstour would fit into my garage height-wise with a canoe on top (not certain though). That's an absolute reqirement too. I doubt it would fit length-wise though. Our 2003 Accord barely makes it (very old garage).

JonasM
Old 06-15-2011, 06:52 AM

Looks and handling.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
Why would someone buy a Crosstour over a Pilot? The Pilot is right around 1k more then a similar Crosstour (EX-L w/ Navi). I think you get a lot more car for the money and the gas mileage isn't that much of a difference 16/22/18 for the Pilot and 18/26/21 for the Crosstour.

When the wife and I went shopping for the baby hauler last year we looked at just about everything under the sun. Having found nothing we liked made by other manufacturers we came back to the Honda family. We really liked the CR-V, especially the rear leg room. However the lack of memory seats killed us (6'1 vs. 4'10) as well as no center seat LATCH system. I had my heart set on a Pilot and did everything to try and convince her to get one but she felt like they were too big I.E boxy and it threw her off. We looked at the Crosstour but when we realized how close the price was to a Pilot I said no. We ended up with an MDX because it did almost everything the Pilot did and was a bit bigger then the CR-V but felt smaller then a Pilot even though they ride on the same frame. The bonus of it being an Acura made the wifey feel like she had a cool car and was a plus since I had an S2K and I needed to get her something nice.

I could see getting one over the CR-V thanks to the lower ride height and the addition of some of the more upscale features like heated seats and driver memory. Then I come back to the price and the premium over the CR-V is so much larger and the price jump to the Pilot is so small.

Kyras you know me so you know I am not trying to flame...truly curious!
No offense taken and I totally get your curiosity. I like the CR-V but I wanted a V6, after driving my very fast Toyota RAV4 with a V6 for the past 3 years. The CR-V is also a tad short inside for me to lay my bicycle in without having to remove the front wheel. I like the Pilot but I want every drop of MPG I can get so it's out of the running. Gas here in So Cal is still over $4/gallon for 91 octane (our highest octane) and just under $4/gallon for 87 octane. The Pilot is truck like and I really prefer something car like. Also, I won't buy another car that takes premium, so all Acuras were out. I had a 1991 Accord wagon (5-spd, manual) that I loved and the Crosstour is similar. My bike fits inside, it's relatively fast and it's a Honda. I call it my beetle-butt. My biggest problem with the Crosstour was the color selection. I didn't like any of the colors so chose the one (Glacier Blue/grey-blue) that I disliked the least. It was an added bonus that the Crosstours don't seem to be selling. My price was $923 under Invoice!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by JonasM
...I think that the Crosstour would fit into my garage height-wise with a canoe on top (not certain though). That's an absolute reqirement too. I doubt it would fit length-wise though. Our 2003 Accord barely makes it (very old garage).

JonasM
Jonas the Crosstour is surprisingly long. It looks to be about a foot longer than my RAV4.

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread