S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Our friend, tomcatt

Old 05-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Tom & Hilly at FC 04

Tom, Hill, my +1 and PlantPixie

My sadness is overwhelming and my heart is broken . TC was a wonderful friend and absolutely devoted to his beloved Hilly. Hilly, you have my sincere condolences and heartfelt sympathy.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Here are some more photos that I lifted from other people's posts in this Buckeye 2005 thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...pic=306549&hl=

Looking at these photos of Tom with his camera remind me that I sent him a PM yesterday to tell him I bought the D70 Nikon, like he has. At Spring Fling 2004 he had it and let me try my Nikon lens on it for size. It worked. I've wanted the camera he had ever since and I finally sprung for it on Monday. He posted last week to be sure and get the 18 - 70 mm lens too. I did, Tom.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hilly, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I could have met Tom, I enjoyed his posts. I will be sure to appreciate tomorrow just a little bit more reading this. Enjoy every day.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Respect from our family to you Hilly.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM

Received 474 Likes on 337 Posts

This is a very sad news. My prayers go out to his family. May God grant his family comfort and encouragement. I know he battled his condition till the end. His courage is to be admired and respected. At least we know he is no longer in pain.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Old 05-24-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Oh man. I was so looking forward to meeting Tom at SF this year. He was so excited and upbeat about it. I never knew he went back to the hospital this week.

Hilly, let us know if there is anything we can do.

Bill
Old 05-24-2006, 06:54 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

May Tom rest in peace.
May his heavan be a racecourse where he can never crash, always finish first, and his family be cheering in the stands.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carmen and I are shocked and deeply saddened. It made me realize my grief for Tom and Hilly is because all of you have shared so much of yourselves with us and each other. You were the friends who celebrated our wedding and baby shower. You share your personal triumphs as well as defeats and heartaches every day. Toms passing has made me realize that all of you are all friends to Carmen and I, not just "associates" from a car forum. Memories are comprised of quality time spent with each other, not in quantity of time. Toms illness and Hillys relentless support has shown me how we all touch each others lives and not even know it. Both Carmen and I will always have a place in our hearts for both Tom and Hilly and all of you.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am truly at a loss for words. I saw this post and had to step away from the computer for awhile. Suzanne read this post and started to cry...and I wanted to do the same. Tom was a good friend to many on this forum. Throughout his fight against cancer Tom always kept a positive upbeat attitude. I was amazed. What an example! He maintained his dignity and honor until the end. He was adamant about making it to both the Spring Fling and the Buckeye Run. And yet his body would not comply. However, Tom lives on. His life has merely entered into the non-physical phase. He also lives on in his family, friends, and all of the lives he has touched. Tom will continue to be with us in many ways. In spirit, and in the lives of those who knew him and called him friend. Many of the pictures posted above were taken in our home and they bring back wonderful memories. Tom and Hilly both always had HUGE smiles on their faces and those smiles were contagious. It was an honor having them both in our home. I am saddened that I won't see that beaming smile in my rear view mirror with Hilly riding shotgun. And yet, somehow I know Tom will be there. Co-pilot in all our cars. And for those of you who are good with the camera, I expect at the meets to come you'll sense someone say, "take this picture" from time to time. I can still see Tom in a line of S2000's beaming ear to ear and saying, "go faster!!!".

I propose we create an annual event called the "Tom Curda Memorial Meet". I can't think of a more deserving person to be honored and remembered in this way.

Quick Reply: Our friend, tomcatt