S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Our friend, tomcatt

Old 06-01-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matt_inva,Jun 1 2006, 06:10 PM
Hilly,

Like the others. There are no words that I can say, passed my initial post when hearing of Tom's death, when I posted my poem to try to express my feelings of sadness.

We will always cherish the moment last year at the Buckeye Run when we bumped into you both in the parking lot of the hotel just as you were arriving and you were behind the wheel of your S. Based on that conversation that took place in the parking lot, I sent Tom a VHS tape of a PBS documentary with Tom Moyer about the effect of mental attitude (mind over matter stuff) that I hoped would help. I never heard back from Tom about his reaction to it, but I am hopeful that it helped him in some way in his struggle.

On a lighter note: We are very pleased that it seems that you will be attending SF06. We are looking forward to giving you a BIG HUG.

Best regards,
Matt
Matt,

I loved your poem and in fact, I hope you don't mind, but I printed it out and I'm framing it with Toms picture faded in the background. I hope that is okay to use it, it was so well written.

I'm not sure if Tom viewed the tape, but I know he believed in "mind over matter" my father was a big believer in that also and the two of them had many conversations over that throughout the years.

Tom had a tough struggle, and many times things would get overwhelming. He had strong will power, and considering how ill he was...everyone is amazed at what he still managed to accomplish in the last year. The mind is a strong instrument but sometimes it just isn't enough to "will" an illness away.

Hilly
Old 06-02-2006, 02:32 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

I've finished the 49 ribbons in honor of Tom Curda. I am giving 10 to Hilly, so that leaves me with 39 to pass out. I will be taking them to Spring Fling next weekend for tomcatt's friends to have. If you are someone who wants one but will not be at Spring Fling, please PM me with your name and address so I can save one to send to you.

^This shows one of five with the black writing, one of 44 with the grey writing, the back on one with the stretchy string taped down, and the back of one with the stretchy string showing. They all come with the stretchy string taped down but each person can untape it if they want to tie it to something.

All 49 ready for the flight to New York.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:26 PM

Received 517 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomcattplus1,Jun 1 2006, 10:44 PM
Matt,

I loved your poem and in fact, I hope you don't mind, but I printed it out and I'm framing it with Toms picture faded in the background. I hope that is okay to use it, it was so well written.

Hilly
Hilly,

Mind? I am honored!

As it was heart felt.

Hugs,
Matt

P.S. I am not sure if your daughter that teaches English would think that it was so well written? As I have taken so much grief here over the years for my mis-spellings and typo-graphical errors
Old 06-02-2006, 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=matt_inva,Jun 2 2006, 07:26 PM]P.S.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hilly, I'm so glad you are coming to SF. I look forward to meeting you in person. I'm sorry I knew Tom only in the e-world. We just kept missing eachother at alternating meets. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Bill
Old 06-02-2006, 07:38 PM

Bill,

Tom has spoken about so many of the people on the forum and I have met many of them...yet I too am sorry that you didn't have a chance to meet Tom. I know you two would have gotten along

I am looking forward to meeting you too.

Hilly
Old 06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Hilly has an avatar!! Is that the famous Teal'c?
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 AM

Yep...that's Teal'c....I thought it only fitting since I took the name tomcattplus1 ... just call me sentimental!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:19 AM

Hilly,

We never met Tom, but our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We look forward to meeting you at SF. Patty, great job on the ribbons, great idea!

Jeff & Vicki
Old 06-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Thank you all for the nice comments on the ribbons. Please be sure to ask me for one at Spring Fling if you want one.

Quick Reply: Our friend, tomcatt