S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Our friend, tomcatt

Old 05-30-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 3,211 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,May 30 2006, 09:10 PM
I just took a look at one of Tom's posts and I saw that Cthree has in fact made Tom a "Lifetime Member".

Cthree and I have not gotten along very well in the past for a number of reasons, but I have to say that changing Tom's status to "Lifetime Member" was a very fine thing to do. In Yiddish we'd call Cthree an Mensch, which is a very fine compliment. It also speaks volumns for the kind of person he is.

Eric, thank you for doing this.

I will try harder if you will.
Rob,

I also noticed this earlier today and made mention of it in the member thread for Hilly.

I thought it was a nice thing for Erik to do. I also thanked him on the CO board.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,May 30 2006, 08:27 PM
Rob,

I also noticed this earlier today and made mention of it in the member thread for Hilly.

I thought it was a nice thing for Erik to do. I also thanked him on the CO board.
I'm going to send him a pm thanking him.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,160 Posts

I just got off of the phone with Sheila. She is having the dedication put onto the regular magnets. Unfortuately, there isn't enough time to get the magnetic ribbons produced for the Spring Fling.

Patty, its up to you.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,529 Likes on 1,910 Posts

No problem. I will have them. I'm honored. What an awesome man he was. Even the nurses loved him.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so happy that Tom will be a life long member. I also am very happy that I was given his membe ship. You are all wonderfu!

Patty, I'm glad you found that picture with Tom and Teal'c. Tom loved his cat and now Teal'c has transfered his snuggling to me and that is another comfort that I have.

I also noticed the Kim mentioned my driving to the bank. What she didn't mention was that I needed to gas up the car and couldn't find the release to the fuel door. I wound up going home trying to find the manual. I couldn't find the manual....I didn't see it in the car...and I looked at Tom's picture and hoped that he would give me a clue as to what to do next! Then I remembered the secret compartment and I found the manual....looked up fuel door and found out where the darn button was to pull that it would open the fuel door. Who the heck came up with that design????? I would Never have found it on my own!!!!

I then took the car and got gas. Another step towards learning the car

Hilly
Old 05-31-2006, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patty,

My dad used to call me Kimby (and my mom STILL does...i'm turning 30 soon and still going by Kimby in my family...AAAHHHH!!!! ).

I'm in Korea again. Maybe you could give my mom an extra ribbon for me when she attends SF. She, my oma and my sis are coming to Korea for a visit hopefully sometime in July, so she can just give me the ribbon then.

Thanks again for making the ribbons - my dad would be honored.

~kim
Old 05-31-2006, 02:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomcattplus1,May 31 2006, 12:42 AM
I am so happy that Tom will be a life long member. I also am very happy that I was given his membe ship. You are all wonderfu!

Patty, I'm glad you found that picture with Tom and Teal'c. Tom loved his cat and now Teal'c has transfered his snuggling to me and that is another comfort that I have.

I also noticed the Kim mentioned my driving to the bank. What she didn't mention was that I needed to gas up the car and couldn't find the release to the fuel door. I wound up going home trying to find the manual. I couldn't find the manual....I didn't see it in the car...and I looked at Tom's picture and hoped that he would give me a clue as to what to do next! Then I remembered the secret compartment and I found the manual....looked up fuel door and found out where the darn button was to pull that it would open the fuel door. Who the heck came up with that design????? I would Never have found it on my own!!!!

I then took the car and got gas. Another step towards learning the car

Hilly
Hilly, don't feel left out on this one, I had the same problem and even the Honda salesman couldn't find it without the manual .
Old 05-31-2006, 06:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Hilly, I had to look in the manual too and it still took me a while to find it. It really is out of the way. I love that photo you took of Teal'c and Tom. I kept bugging him about posting a photo. He was sick and it took him a while. It was worth the wait for that photo. Hey, now that you're a regular poster and Gold Member, and you must know that camera, how about you take some more of Teal'C? BTW, I just got my Nikon D70s yesterday. I'm so impressed. I took a photo in the dark bedroom last night and it came out great.

Kim, (man I really wanted to write Kimby) I will give it to your mom then, in 9 days. Kimby makes me think of Gumby. Is oma your mom's mom? If so, Tom posted a photo of her once. It was so funny and cute. She was climbing through the Accord trunk into the backseat (I think it was) with a huge smile.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Member (Premium)

I'm getting there. I ended up with 49 of them. Time for the pins and threads to go on. Hilly, I'll be giving you four or five of them.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 3,211 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Patty, they really came out great!

Quick Reply: Our friend, tomcatt