S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Ok, that's enough hops now.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:02 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Heading out today for one of the last drives in the NSX before I put it on the market, with a stop at our local brewery, Blue Earl. Making a selection from the on tap board...decisions, decisions!

They do have some heavy hopped beers, as well as some not so hoppy, like my favorite, Honeysuckle Rose.
Been there. Done that. Got the T shirt. </cliché>

Good beer, great live music. Food truck was only so-so, though.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^ The food trucks have been less than wonderful so far.

And you didn't call me to join you???
Old 06-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

Heading out today for one of the last drives in the NSX before I put it on the market, with a stop at our local brewery, Blue Earl. Making a selection from the on tap board...decisions, decisions!

They do have some heavy hopped beers, as well as some not so hoppy, like my favorite, Honeysuckle Rose.
So, why is the NSX not a "keeper" for anyone, except Patty. We've have four (maybe more) S2000 owners buy one and turn around and sell it. Why?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:28 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dlq04
So, why is the NSX not a "keeper" for anyone, except Patty. We've have four (maybe more) S2000 owners buy one and turn around and sell it. Why?
I can only speak for myself. In my case, I enjoyed the car a great deal in the six years I owned it. But this area is not well suited to take advantage of the NSX's best qualities. Even secondary roads are mostly flat and straight, and fairly busy. And I really wanted a convertible again. Top-down cruising along the beach on a nice moonlit evening or driving through the countryside does take advantage of any drop-top's best feature...top down motoring.

That, plus the car had appreciated nicely over the six years. And it was just time to move on to a different kind of driving experience.

There are plenty of folks on nsxprime.com who have kept their NSXs for years and even decades, and many who sold their NSX only to buy another soon after.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by tof
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1465169147' post='23985558

I can only speak for myself. In my case, I enjoyed the car a great deal in the six years I owned it. But this area is not well suited to take advantage of the NSX's best qualities. Even secondary roads are mostly flat and straight, and fairly busy. And I really wanted a convertible again. Top-down cruising along the beach on a nice moonlit evening or driving through the countryside does take advantage of any drop-top's best feature...top down motoring.

That, plus the car had appreciated nicely over the six years. And it was just time to move on to a different kind of driving experience.

There are plenty of folks on nsxprime.com who have kept their NSXs for years and even decades, and many who sold their NSX only to buy another soon after.
I can understand that. As much as I wanted to buy a Cayman (love the looks, seating, handling, etc.) it was best suited for the track which is what I loved most about my S2000. Most of our area roads will never fall into sports car country either. We have lots of small lakes to drive around top down in the evening as well.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1465169147' post='23985558

^Most of what he said. Luckily, I still have the S and after the past weekend at the Dragon in the S, it is much more fun to drive the twisties than the NSX was the previous two years there.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:32 PM
tof
Member (Premium)

^Most of what he said. Luckily, I still have the S and after the past weekend at the Dragon in the S, it is much more fun to drive the twisties than the NSX was the previous two years there.
Is it possible for a car to be TOO good, taking some of the fun out of great roads?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tof
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1465404951' post='23988222

Is it possible for a car to be TOO good, taking some of the fun out of great roads?
HELL YES, that's why I love driving a 57 year old MG!