S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 02-02-2018, 08:33 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary
Not sure of the brand, but, yep, that's my model on my soon to be someone elses window seat.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Not much skill or composition could be applied in these photos....seals, lots of seals! Chatham, MA. 100-400 lens from the beach.

Wonder how many there are?

Just lying around on a winter day

A walk on the beach in February. 40 years ago at this time we were still digging out from a blizzard. Today it was 47 degrees!

Someone took time to build this on the beach.

Exercise of the day. Walking the beach carrying not one but two cameras, and one with a lens I have to cradle like a baby.

Obligatory Light house photo. Chatham, MA
Old 02-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Lainey! I'm so glad/proud of you my friend for not hitting the Y! I remember the day when you weren't into "classes". Do you? It cracks me up how much we change. You are my slightly older "sister". You have learned to love exercise to the extreme with your lady friends and your fun with Zumba but still know when to step back for your own good. Way to go, "girl" as you called yourself, recently.

When I bought my ElliptiGO, Jerry (Spokes Man) and I were not "together" anymore but we were friends and will always be. (Three hour phone call catch-up last night.) He told me that I might get into riding with other people. Ha! Not me! I'm Ms. Independent. Still, he knew what the draw was after being into bike racing and riding groups. Yes, I'm still Ms."Fiercely Independent", as one b/f described me, but I did start the Facebook ElliptiGO Group that now has over 2,500 members and has really helped bring us together over the world, not just the USA. I'm super proud of how that group has turned out. I make it know upfront how it's going to be. I learned from Vintage how some people are looking to stir the pot.

"Description
You are here because you love your ElliptiGO or perhaps you're considering buying one. If you have something to share related to it or questions and concerns that other riders might be able to help you with, please feel free to post. Kindness is appreciated and encouraged. Differing opinions are welcome when they are presented in a *respectful* way. Let's let everyone feel safe from attack here..."

Oh! My initial post was going to be about your "baby" cradled in your arms; the huge lens. I've been using my cellphone for so long that I've finally learned why I should go back to a "real camera", or maybe upgrade to a new one. I was on Mpix.com, trying to order some cool metal prints for my new house and it kept telling me that what I wanted to print was not big enough. Crap. When I use my "old" camera I'm not at all impressed with the images.

I ended up ordering an old photo of my NSX in Colorado on a metal 12 x 8 on Mpix, and a three-panel big canvas on Costco of a Hubble telescope image I love and have a print of in Cali.

^7-12-2009 by Echo Lake, Colorado. I LOVE this image!!

^Call me crazy but I see GOD in this. I'm not into religion at all.

Last edited by Kyras; 02-10-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:52 PM

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,037 Posts

That NSX is an awesome looking car!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
That NSX is an awesome looking car!
^That photo is the best I have of it. I LOVE it!
Old 02-10-2018, 06:05 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Thanks for the nice comments, Patricia. A LONG time ago I was into an aerobic dance class then it faded away . For a LONG time after that I was pretty much a walker only, and a couch sitter and no interest in joining a gym. The old class came back in a new form, and it was OK,, but not quite what I wanted, and then I found Zumba and then Zumba at the Y too. That led to other classes in the last little while that challenge me a bit more, and also some wonderful friendships. I don't like skipping classes, once you skip, it easy to skip more often. BUT, in the summer, on a nice night, on a really miserable weather day, or when I'm not feeling well, sometimes it (skipping) is the thing to do.

The other day when my camera came back from it's cleaning/maintenance the driver commented as to why anyone who need a camera since we have cell phones. I enjoy the hobby so much using the camera over the phone is an easy choice. And then there is the issue you ran into with not having enough resolution to print what you wanted.

Go for it, get a new camera! Have you ever looked into the mirror less camera? They are smaller, lighter, easier to carry around. How old is your current DSLR?

PS both of my cameras are the Rebel series /crop sensor. Not all that expensive. I can really tell the difference in the photos 12 mp vs 24 especially if I need to crop something. First camera was purchased in 2009, second one 2016. Technology is moving quickly.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:10 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

^ Enjoyed all the photos and girl talk.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:56 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
...The other day when my camera came back from it's cleaning/maintenance the driver commented as to why anyone who need a camera since we have cell phones. I enjoy the hobby so much using the camera over the phone is an easy choice. And then there is the issue you ran into with not having enough resolution to print what you wanted.

Go for it, get a new camera! Have you ever looked into the mirror less camera? They are smaller, lighter, easier to carry around. How old is your current DSLR?

PS both of my cameras are the Rebel series /crop sensor. Not all that expensive. I can really tell the difference in the photos 12 mp vs 24 especially if I need to crop something. First camera was purchased in 2009, second one 2016. Technology is moving quickly.
I agree. I hate the pictures that come out of my cell phone. The pictures that I get with my 'big boy' camera are so much better and you can do so much more with them. I really don't like lugging around the big camera on vacation but I have convinced myself that it goes with us to Italy this summer.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:41 AM

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Photo of new phono cartridge I installed into old turntable. Tiny needle. Macro 50mm lens.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:50 AM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Unlike some of you, I find the picture's from the wife's iPhone 7 to be outstanding; same with the video. True, it can not compete with the telescopic zoom of a real camera but I don't lug my real camera anywhere any more.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X