S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
I've see four different varieties of butterflies in my yard. They are attracted to the flowers in the garden and next year, we will also plant more of the types of flowers which does attract them, and on which they can feed.
Tiger Swallowtail below. We also get the monarchs, the swallowtail (black) and Painted lady. I have a photo friend who is quite knowledgeable on butterflies and she helps with the ID.
A great capture, Lainey! I once was surrounded by five of these beautiful creatures while picnicking near Manassas, VA.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Happy belated BD, Sue. Looks like you're having a good time with your great looking family!
Thanks, Gary.

You have all probably figured it out by now, but in the picture, our son-in-law is in the back.

In the next row, on the left, is our son. His two boys are the little ones in the front, age 7 and 4.

In the middle row are our daughter's son (age 13 1/2), Yours Truly, our daughter's daughter (age 15 1/2) and our daughter on the end.

goblueS2K took the picture, so he's not in the picture. He might try a different setup next time so that he can be in the picture, too.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by buckeyesue
Thanks, Gary.

You have all probably figured it out by now, but in the picture, our son-in-law is in the back.

In the next row, on the left, is our son. His two boys are the little ones in the front, age 7 and 4.

In the middle row are our daughter's son (age 13 1/2), Yours Truly, our daughter's daughter (age 15 1/2) and our daughter on the end.

goblueS2K took the picture, so he's not in the picture. He might try a different setup next time so that he can be in the picture, too.
Wow! A great resemblance between you and your daughters. A good job, Sue!
Old 07-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Wow! A great resemblance between you and your daughters. A good job, Sue!
We only have one daughter, the one on the far right.

To her left is our 15 1/2 year old granddaughter.

Our granddaughter had an app on her phone. Perhaps, some of you have seen it. You take a picture and then the app will show you how you looked as a "young" you and an "old" you.

We all had a lot of laughing over that. My "old" picture was pretty downright scary!

goblue's "old" picture looked very much like his mother who passed away several years ago at age 95.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:30 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

This is a picture of our granddaughter (15 1/2) and grandson (13 1/2).

Their family celebrates half birthdays, and yesterday was our grandson's half birthday.

So, they went out for ice cream. He is enjoying a "dirt sundae."

2019 Jul 24
Old 07-31-2019, 04:57 PM

Drove Colorado’s Mount Evans Scenic Byway yesterday which climbs over 7,000 feet in its 28-mile length, reaching an altitude of 14,130' feet. Idaho Springs,CO serves as the starting point to the byway. This drive offers scenic views of the Continental Divide, mountain goats and bighorn sheep herds, wildflowers, and the Rocky Mountain Bristlecone Pine trees. Here is just a few of the pic’s taken while on the drive.

An anxious stare.

The Dynamic Duo
The following users liked this post:
dlq04 (08-01-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 05:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Great pics! Were those goats right on the road?
Old 07-31-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jukngene
Great pics! Were those goats right on the road?
Yes they were, Gene. Just two photos out of a group of ~ thirty that were blocking the road.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Awesome photos, Gary!

A local credit union was looking for photos for their calendar. I submitted four. Three depicted seasons, 2 winter, 1 fall. They had requested local landmarks and seasonal photos. Three of my four were accepted for the calendar. Cash prize, $40.00 Visa card for each entry that makes the calendar. There will be a FB contest. Photo with the most likes becomes the cover photo. If one of my photos wins that category, the $40.00 Visa card is replaced with a $100.00 Visa card. Since I got three out of 14 photos selected, I had to ask if there was any competition. At one point they had 74 photos, (not sure if that was total submissions, or 74 which they felt were possibilities) A committee, narrowed that down to 14,. I'll take that as well as the gift cards and buy my ever patient husband dinner.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Awesome photos, Gary!

A local credit union was looking for photos for their calendar. I submitted four. Three depicted seasons, 2 winter, 1 fall. They had requested local landmarks and seasonal photos. Three of my four were accepted for the calendar. Cash prize, $40.00 Visa card for each entry that makes the calendar. There will be a FB contest. Photo with the most likes becomes the cover photo. If one of my photos wins that category, the $40.00 Visa card is replaced with a $100.00 Visa card. Since I got three out of 14 photos selected, I had to ask if there was any competition. At one point they had 74 photos, (not sure if that was total submissions, or 74 which they felt were possibilities) A committee, narrowed that down to 14,. I'll take that as well as the gift cards and buy my ever patient husband dinner.
Thanks...and good Luck, Lainey! What Photos did you submit for competition?

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X