S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X

Old 07-12-2018, 07:17 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Short answer:
Worked great last Sunday. Took a 3 hour drive to an all British Car Show.

Long answer:
It took several days to sort out because the shop that I took the generator to said it was fine. So I tossed it back on and looked else where. Bought a new battery as the other was 7 yrs old. When that didn't solve it, I changed out the voltage regulator, and when that didn't solve it, I put in a brand new generator, etc., etc. My on the car tests show the original generator to be bad. I plan to take it to another shop that works on old stuff in Lansing, 30 miles away, to have them test and repair if needed. I ended up swapping voltage regulators again as there was nothing wrong with the original but its used replacement was bad. The final hurdle was flashing the new generator to polarize it (I'd forgotten that was a must do step when changing them).
A labor of love indeed! My car guy got an unexpected gift of an Amex gift card. He has mentioned the constant battle against brake dust on the wheels of P car. Being the supportive wife of a car guy, I encouraged him to spend his gift card to get some new ceramic pads and whatever else to eliminate this aggravation from his life. Of course right after the order was placed, yet another caliper got "hung up" on the Honda so that vehicle needed a bit of attention as well. It's only money, right? Hell I'm still working.

On the subject of photos, I had a bunch printed, various subjects and inexpensive frames and am making a gallery wall in the hallway. The short but most helpful photography course I took advised that we "take photos that are pleasing to you" which I do often. So while there is no magic to the selected photos, I know exactly how I felt capturing the moment, like the egret or the heron, or even my cat. I can switch out the photos as I get a new "favorite." I've got a video of them arranged on the floor Lousy light doesn't do justice but I'll see if it can be shared here. Now to start making holes in the freshly painted wall.
Video didn't work. Here's a photo to give you an idea
Attached Thumbnails Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X-photo474.jpg  
Old 07-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Measure twice, then measure again. Hanging that many pictures can really be work to have them come out like you want. Good to hear of your support to the car world.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:07 PM

Measure twice, then measure again. Hanging that many pictures can really be work to have them come out like you want. Good to hear of your support to the car world.
Yeah....extra paint on hand. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just pick a spot at random and hang them haphazardly. On the plus side we entertain rarely. The photos are for my pleasure. Maybe I can overlook an incorrectly spaced one....probably not. We hung photos a bit higher than I meant to in the living room and it's driving me crazy to not start over again.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Personally I think haphazard is better if you intend to hang that many. Ask me how I know...

Old 07-13-2018, 04:30 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Sunset at 20,000 feet.

Does anyone ever clean the windows on an airplane?
Old 07-13-2018, 04:53 PM

Personally I think haphazard is better if you intend to hang that many. Ask me how I know...

Doesn't look too haphazard to me....tops of frames seem to be in line with each other.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Sunset at 20,000 feet.

Does anyone ever clean the windows on an airplane?
I don't think so. Inside or out. Well, maybe the passengers, sometimes. I always try for a window seat on Southwest.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Tuesday night I was at a Mexican restaurant with Jerry, (Spokes Man) and I noticed my right elbow was tender and hot. By Wednesday morning it was rather swollen. Thursday I rode my ElliptiGO and then slept for 20 out of 24 hours. That may have been my first hint. Today, Friday, I noticed the red swelling had traveled down towards my wrist and was going up the arm on the inside of my bicep. I had convinced myself it was only bursitis but I decided to call Kaiser to get them to look at it. I talked to the man who answered the phone who then transferred me to a nurse who said she talked to a doctor and he said to go to ER. Huh.

I ended up getting an IV of clindamycin and a prescription for more of it. My white blood count is up and it's a good thing I went in today. I'd rather not get a systemic infection and lose my arm. I'm on an immunosuppressant (Enbrel for RA) so bacterial infections can go fast.

^Wednesday.

^ Today ( 7-13-2018) in ER.

^ That hurt, the needle for the IV! The nurse put the dash line around the red swollen skin so I can see if it gets worse.

^ I was there before the ER so how bad could it be?

^ 7-13-2018. This is one mile from my house. So fine and so changing with the seasons. I ended up getting in 20 miles with 1,464 feet of elevation gain.

Last edited by Kyras; 07-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Yeah....extra paint on hand. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just pick a spot at random and hang them haphazardly. On the plus side we entertain rarely. The photos are for my pleasure. Maybe I can overlook an incorrectly spaced one....probably not. We hung photos a bit higher than I meant to in the living room and it's driving me crazy to not start over again.
Hanging pictures! I would rather have dental surgery with no Novocain!
Old 07-13-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Tuesday night I was at a Mexican restaurant with Jerry, (Spokes Man) and I noticed my right elbow was tender and hot. By Wednesday morning it was rather swollen. Today, Friday, I noticed the red swelling had traveled down towards my wrist and was going up the arm on the inside of my bicep. I had convinced myself it was only bursitis but I decided to call Kaiser to get them to look at it. I talk to the man who answered the phone who transferred me to a nurse who said she talked to a doctor and he said to go to ER. Huh.

I ended up getting an IV of clidamycin and a prescription for more of it. My white blood count is up and it's a good thing I went in today. I'd rather not get a systemic infection and lose my arm. I'm on an immunosuppressant (Enbrel for RA) so bacterial infections can go fast.
Ouch!!

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos X