S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 08-16-2014, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary,

Thanks for the link. There are some great shots there. We like horses, as long as they're someone else's.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice action photos, Gary. A real sense of determination was captured on some of the frontal views and the girls on the bay and chestnut (# 16&17) were absolutely dwarfed their mounts. Great viewing!

gary II

Old 08-18-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 3,164 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Anyone remember Polly Gas? The gas tank is a little out of context so to speak since it's on someone's porch, but you take what you can get.

Local farm stand. I liked the old scale.

The lady who owned the farm stand also had a cool rusty Maytag wringer washer with some flowers around it. Cool stuff, but I could not get a pic at a good angle without too much distracting stuff in the background.

And if you don't frequent the "bird thread" here's one of a hummingbird taken yesterday afternoon.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:01 AM

Received 1,659 Likes on 856 Posts

You've got a great eye, Lainey! I especially like the farm stand one. I saw that you had posted it on FB as well.

I have a couple more pics I took on vacation that I need to do a little editing on and then get your opinion since I want to enter one in a photo contest sponsored by the rental agency we used.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene
You've got a great eye, Lainey! I especially like the farm stand one. I saw that you had posted it on FB as well.

I have a couple more pics I took on vacation that I need to do a little editing on and then get your opinion since I want to enter one in a photo contest sponsored by the rental agency we used.
Thanks, Gene. I stopped at the farm stand property to take sun flower pics, (after asking permission of the owner). I could not get a decent sunflower pic from where I stood, too short, bad angle with the sun, but the farm stand looked cool.

I think I will have a print done and bring it to the lady. It won't cost me a lot of $$ and it may be appreciated.

Looking forward to your pics. I'll give you my .02, but the .02 of others around here may be worth more than my .02.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1408370486' post='23291413

Thanks, Gene. I stopped at the farm stand property to take sun flower pics, (after asking permission of the owner). I could not get a decent sunflower pic from where I stood, too short, bad angle with the sun, but the farm stand looked cool.

I think I will have a print done and bring it to the lady. It won't cost me a lot of $ and it may be appreciated.

Looking forward to your pics. I'll give you my .02, but the .02 of others around here may be worth more than my .02.
And maybe she'll give you a few veggies in appreciation!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1408370766' post='23291425
[quote name='jukngene' timestamp='1408370486' post='23291413']

I think I will have a print done and bring it to the lady. It won't cost me a lot of $ and it may be appreciated.

And maybe she'll give you a few veggies in appreciation!
[/quote]
We're giving our veggies away! The cukes are done, but we have more cherry tomatoes, green peppers and zucchini than we can eat!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I especially like the farm stand photo.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by RedY2KS2k
I especially like the farm stand photo.
Thanks, Ed. I ordered a 5 x 7 print for the farm stand lady. I'll put it in a frame for her and she can sell it at her next yard sale if she doesn't like it.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:48 AM

Here is a link to the photos on the rental agency's FB page. (not my pics) If you take a few minutes to look through them, the you can see why we enjoy our time on Ocracoke so much. Uncrowded beaches, no fast food chains (or chains of any kind, for that matter), and friendly, happy people.

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX