S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Don't even know,how to post pics,anymore !!!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:35 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
[URL=http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/MGAlover/media/Misc%20for%20public/IMG_5882_zps5cc57f27.jpg.html][/URL
Okay... why does the middle kid have a rocket up his butt?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
^Roseanne and her honey last night at Hood River, Oregon. We're at S2KCA Days.
I was most definitely three sheets to the wind and feelin' happy in that shot. I think it shows. Nicely done, Patty. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Here's my own cool stuff photo. Happy Anniversary to my

Thirty years married on Monday. As you can see, we haven't changed a bit!!! I am pleased to report that the dress still fit! Yes, I knew I saved it for a reason.
Congrats! Amazing pics too. Very cool that you are able to wear the same dress. I know I wouldn't be able to wear the same clothes as 30 years ago!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by skunkworks' timestamp='1407017773' post='23270661
Um, can Don fit into an S2K? He looks extraordinarily tall -or- Murph is very petite.

gary
Both of the above. Don is 6'5" and Roseanne is less than 5'4", I'm guessing.
Yes, Don is 6'5" and I am 5'4". And most of Don's height is in his legs. But he folds up much smaller for travel. So yeah, he has some challenges in the S and especially in the Lotus, but he does fit. He actually says he's fine once he gets in to the car. It's the ingress/egress that is the interesting part. I have video of him getting out of the Lotus and it's funny as all hell. Like watching clowns exit the clown car at the circus.

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1407001415' post='23270471

^August 1, 2014. A side shoot off the 101 in northern California. Avenue of the Giants.
We were there today. Those giant trees make you feel so insignificant! They are just beautiful.
So glad you got to see those, Patty. Was hoping you would see the signs for it and take the exits. Yes, they are indeed HUGE. Even Don felt small next to them.

Originally Posted by Looter
Roseanne ..... That's a classic ....!!!!
Yeah... I was kind of going nuts with all the stops and the view of his tailgate. What a funny candid shot. Never even saw you snapping it, Patty. Glad you did. And I needed those little gloves when we got in the car after lunch! The wheel and the knob were unbearably hot!
Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1406949228' post='23270040

Thirty years married on Monday. As you can see, we haven't changed a bit!!! I am pleased to report that the dress still fit! Yes, I knew I saved it for a reason.
Congrats! Amazing pics too. Very cool that you are able to wear the same dress. I know I wouldn't be able to wear the same clothes as 30 years ago!
Thanks. I had fun taking the pics in Maine, but sometimes I think my photography hobby is as frustrating as a game of golf.

BTW, I think I may have filled the dress a bit differently, than 30 years ago, gravity and all, but it did fit which pleased me. I'm not sure why I left it in the closet all these years, but it didn't seem right to toss it. Glad I didn't. Wonder if it will still fit in 10 more years........
Old 08-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by RMurphy' timestamp='1407462111' post='23277879
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1406949228' post='23270040']

Thanks. I had fun taking the pics in Maine, but sometimes I think my photography hobby is as frustrating as a game of golf.

BTW, I think I may have filled the dress a bit differently, than 30 years ago, gravity and all, but it did fit which pleased me. I'm not sure why I left it in the closet all these years, but it didn't seem right to toss it. Glad I didn't. Wonder if it will still fit in 10 more years........
[/quote]

Most professional photographers have few specialties. They use their waking hours perusing and perfecting those photographic skills. Those professionals shoot hundreds (maybe thousands) of shots just to produce a few noteworthy photos. In the past, I’ve known of those that have chosen a subject, arranged it, and then have mapped the direction of the sunrise, sunset, sweet photographic lighting conditions (normally low level) and bracketed each shot in order to produce outstanding results. It’s time consuming and possibly taking days/weeks to achieve. They’re also experts in their post processing and camera skills (i.e. selecting ISO numbers, aperture, shutter speeds, depth of field, color balance, RAW controls, etc.).

You’re good now but you’ll get better with a devotion of great fervor. That’s what it takes. Jeez, I only wish I was committed enough to be amongst them.

gary

Old 08-08-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Thanks Gary I'm using many more settings of my own choosing. Getting there. Never will be a professional just want to enjoy the time I spend with the camera. Most days I do.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought a lightly used Nikon P7700 camera with an auxiliary flash on Friday for an exceptionally good price. After two day’s of cramming the contents of the owner’s manual and physically fumbling with it, I’m now ready to do some night photography in the Denver area. Good or bad, I’ll post my results tomorrow. You've been warned!!

Quasimodo
Old 08-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,006 Likes on 585 Posts

I look forward to seeing some of your night photography.

You are probably aware that there is a "Supermoon" tonight.

Originally Posted by skunkworks
I bought a lightly used Nikon P7700 camera with an auxiliary flash on Friday for an exceptionally good price. After two day’s of cramming the contents of the owner’s manual and physically fumbling with it, I’m now ready to do some night photography in the Denver area. Good or bad, I’ll post my results tomorrow. You've been warned!!

Quasimodo

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX