S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 AM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Patty, if you like Blue Herons you would like Heron's Roost. This is about 20 minutes from our house in the Cuyahoga National Park.

There about four trees just like this one.

Almost every nest has a "chick" in it.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A few abstract pic’s of my ‘05 S2K. Today was the first day of uncovering since it was hard parked at the end of last November. Not the best of lighting…all were taken in my garage with my Nikon COOLPIX 4600. See HERE

I’m proud of it but needs to be driven more.

gary
Old 05-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
A few abstract pic’s of my ‘05 S2K. Today was the first day of uncovering since it was hard parked at the end of last November. Not the best of lighting…all were taken in my garage with my Nikon COOLPIX 4600. See HERE

I’m proud of it but needs to be driven more.

gary
^Very nice images, Gary!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:50 PM

^ Thanks Patty. You do pretty good yourself.

gary
Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Nice, Gary. Why do you not drive your S more? Busy with stuff, other hobbies? Don't want to park in parking lots???
Old 05-31-2014, 03:09 PM

Thanks Lainey, a nice compliment from the foremost photographer on the forum.

I have a very low mileage S (<17k miles) and I’m anal about preserving it and driving it without damage -- I suppose. Living in Colorado with its winter climate that accumulates snow, ice, or sand on the roads isn’t conducive to the “protective” driving that I seek out. Plus winters in Colorado are about skiing and vacationing where it’s warm, so the S sits uninsured… and for a long stretches of time. The summer months are for cycling and . Additionally, I’ve had a couple of Audis that are sporty, comfortable, and equally enjoyable, just like your new Jeep.

Oh yeah.. I hate parking lots.

gary

Old 05-31-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks to you for the compliment, Gary.

Drive that S!! Our S is under cover all winter, but we make the most of it in the summer. Most vacations of late, have been summer road trips in the S. It's not perfect anymore, but most would not realize it's a 10 year old vehicle. Rick has cared for it well.

We do out best in parking lots to park away from the masses, and to select an end spot if possible, but we try not to obsess....
Old 06-02-2014, 04:33 AM

It's S top down cruising weather in MA.

We were out and about yesterday. Many of the old farm lands have been donated to land preservation. Some of these areas have nice walking paths with views of marshy areas, vernal pools, small ponds, etc. We did a fair amount of walking yesterday. Camera in hand, of course.

This is from our first stop. Alpacas. So cute and they look so soft.

This suspension bridge is new this year. Very cool, and wobbly.....

Sometimes when walking through the woods, I feel as if, "you've seen one, you've seen them all." But still it's great to hear the birds sing, and run across the occasional surprise in the woods. Tried to get creative with this.

This caught my eye as we were headed into one of the trails. They had flowers, many in pots, all over the front yard. Very pretty.

I'm not one who HAS to have ice cream often but we stopped yesterday. Moose track ice cream!! Vanilla, chocolate chunks and peanut butter cup chunks. Delicious!
This place has been open for years.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 AM

I’ve petted a recently sheared Llama before and their wool is soft. Alpaca fiber is generally finer and softer than a llama's wool, so I would imagine they’re very soft. It’s too bad you didn’t get to pet them to determine for yourself.

gary

Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by skunkworks
I’ve petted a recently sheared Llama before and their wool is soft. Alpaca fiber is generally finer and softer than a llama's wool, so I would imagine they’re very soft. It’s too bad you didn’t get to pet them to determine for yourself.

gary
I was glad I was able to snap a couple pics. They were behind a fence, which you can't really see in the pics.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX