S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 09-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

I am sure that my age is showing but cars like that do not interest me in the least. I honestly don't care for any car that looks like every other car designed these days with all the safety structure, etc. and the bloated look of an egg. Fast, sure it's fast as hell but what does it deliver to the driver beyond watching a speedo go up and you are tossed back in the seat. At least he is honest about the paddle shifters.... forget it. A carney ride of sorts. Honestly, I can think of dozens and dozens of cars that I would like before a modern McLaren. Would I turn down a ride - no way but I doubt it would change my view any.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Three kids under four, four cars/toys, something tells me this guy is not hurting for cash. What does the wife do with the three kids under four while he's playing with his cars? Maybe they have a nanny and she's at a spa???? LOL, just kidding........a little bit anyway. Only in Cali.
Greg is 42 years-old and, yes, rich. You'd never know it talking to him. He's not showy and almost shy. His way of enjoying his wealth is to have the cars he likes: NSX, Ford GT, McLaren and two others. He's been busy working on his import businesses in California and also has a real estate business in Korea. He travels there to work, also. His wife is also successful and was working until recently. Yes, they do have a nanny, and also his parents have been helping out with the kids. The oldest is almost four and the younger two are fraternal twin girls. We do have some rich, successful people here in California but it's no different than in any other state. How about Boston?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1378603106' post='22766850
Three kids under four, four cars/toys, something tells me this guy is not hurting for cash. What does the wife do with the three kids under four while he's playing with his cars? Maybe they have a nanny and she's at a spa???? LOL, just kidding........a little bit anyway. Only in Cali.
Greg is 42 years-old and, yes, rich. You'd never know it talking to him. He's not showy and almost shy. His way of enjoying his wealth is to have the cars he likes: NSX, Ford GT, McLaren and two others. He's been busy working on his import businesses in California and also has a real estate business in Korea. He travels there to work, also. His wife is also successful and was working until recently. Yes, they do have a nanny, and also his parents have been helping out with the kids. The oldest is almost four and the younger two are fraternal twin girls. We do have some rich, successful people here in California but it's no different than in any other state. How about Boston?
Patty I don't know the rich folk crowd in our area, Boston or otherwise. I don't run with that crowd, I don't have the admission fee. I'm sure there are people who have a nice stable of cars but with our weather, we don't see much of the fancy stuff around here. Boston is notorious for bad drivers, no parking places and horrible traffic. If any of the rich folks in Boston have a stable of cars, not sure where they would keep it or where they would go to drive/show it off.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

We were doing some yard work yesterday under one of our maple trees, when I happened to look up and discover we now have a very active hornet family living in this nest directly over our driveway:

The exterminators will be called tomorrow!

I know, I still have to post some of my Alaska pictures.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Member (Premium)

^I've never seen anything like that, Gene. I wasn't aware that hornets made a nest. Another lesson from Vintage.

It was finally under 90 degrees this morning and not heating up like it has been so I rode my ElliptiGO on the Aliso Creek bike path to get in 35 miles. It was about 93 when I got done so I was plenty slow today, but at least I did it.

I was so surprised when I was at about mile 5 and there came two ElliptiGOs from the opposite direction. I stopped and we talked. There were more, for a total of 8 ElliptiGOs and 3 bikes (I think). Seems this group does a monthly ride and I've even emailed with one of them before. The lady I saw riding in the dark on Monday night was in the group, too. I hope their ride next month is when I'm in town because it would be a blast to ride with them. It seems to be more of a social thing for them since they told me I must like Bloody Mary's. As I understand it, after the ride they have Bloody Mary's somewhere. The leader of the group seems to be a guy named Pete who has an ElliptiGO shop.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

That is some hornet nest! When the bug treatment guys came to do the quarterly outside check of my mother's house, they found a wasp nest on the front porch and got rid of it. Good!
Old 09-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,642 Posts

It looks like a white faced wasp nest. They are larger than your typical wasp at about 1- 1- 1/2 inches long and have white faces instead of yellow.
and they make huge nests.
I've done battle with a few of them around the house. They like it under the decks.
The good news is they're not terribly jumpy. so walking on the deck didn't upset them a lot even though they were right underfoot.

Hit 'em at night with a can of the streaming wasp spray and it does a good job.
Then again so does a 3500 PSI pressure washer at 2 feet.

A few years back there was a nest about that size about 12 feet off of the ground at the local course I used to play at.
It was overhanging the 3rd fairway rough and had a golf ball stuck in the side of it.
I never did find out the ruling on that. I think you get a free drop.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,666 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
^I've never seen anything like that, Gene. I wasn't aware that hornets made a nest. Another lesson from Vintage.

It was finally under 90 degrees this morning and not heating up like it has been so I rode my ElliptiGO on the Aliso Creek bike path to get in 35 miles. It was about 93 when I got done so I was plenty slow today, but at least I did it.

I was so surprised when I was at about mile 5 and there came two ElliptiGOs from the opposite direction. I stopped and we talked. There were more, for a total of 8 ElliptiGOs and 3 bikes (I think). Seems this group does a monthly ride and I've even emailed with one of them before. The lady I saw riding in the dark on Monday night was in the group, too. I hope their ride next month is when I'm in town because it would be a blast to ride with them. It seems to be more of a social thing for them since they told me I must like Bloody Mary's. As I understand it, after the ride they have Bloody Mary's somewhere. The leader of the group seems to be a guy named Pete who has an ElliptiGO shop.

^ Just looking at some of the folks who ride these contraptions, I think there may still be hope for me, re: muffin tops, on the right and left. (but not you, Patty)
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Member (Premium)

I noticed that too. Made me feel
less fat. Lol
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
I know, I still have to post some of my Alaska pictures.
Can I email you some of my "out west" pics to post

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX