S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 11-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

^^^ nice photos, Gary!

I mentioned in another thread I would post some pics of our little trip to the Napa Valley with friends over the Halloween weekend. (These are taken with an iPhone.)

Phelps

Spring Mountain

Pride

This winery is one half in Sonoma County (left side) and one half in Napa (right).

Cliff Lede

Old 11-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Nice...looks like you had good weather.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Love the stream pic, Gary.

Nice pics, Jim. Looks like a good time.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,534 Likes on 1,914 Posts

I need to get on my computer to properly view these recent gems.

Sue, you are absolutely correct about his hair. I have photos of my son with wet clothes from his teething drool. The photographer thought I should change his clothes. No way. That's who he was right then.

Lainey, I want to see the bee photo!

Jim, on Friday, I'm flying up to San Jose (near Mountain View, CA) and taking Ricky so my son and daughter in law can meet him. She says we're going to vineyards. Ricky doesn't drink but he's okay if we do. Did you go to a "don't miss" vineyard?
Old 11-05-2015, 03:26 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

Sue, you are absolutely correct about his hair. I have photos of my son with wet clothes from his teething drool. The photographer thought I should change his clothes. No way. That's who he was right then.

Jim, on Friday, I'm flying up to San Jose (near Mountain View, CA) and taking Ricky so my son and daughter in law can meet him. She says we're going to vineyards. Ricky doesn't drink but he's okay if we do. Did you go to a "don't miss" vineyard?
Patty, we visited two/three wineries a day for three days. I think the Napa Valley wineries require an appointment now, but I'm not sure about all of them. We visited a selection (of smaller vineyards) made by some in our group who are club members, and who have been going there often for many years. For me, of the tastings we made, I liked Spring Mountain the best and then Joseph Phelps, Pride, Shafer, and Cliff Lede. We stayed in the 'Tenstone Napa Valley Estate' outside of Yountville. Had a great time, and bought some (mostly red) wines to be shipped.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,534 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1446687195' post='23795343

Patty, we visited two/three wineries a day for three days. I think the Napa Valley wineries require an appointment now, but I'm not sure about all of them. We visited a selection (of smaller vineyards) made by some in our group who are club members, and who have been going there often for many years. For me, of the tastings we made, I liked Spring Mountain the best and then Joseph Phelps, Pride, Shafer, and Cliff Lede. We stayed in the 'Tenstone Napa Valley Estate' outside of Yountville. Had a great time, and bought some (mostly red) wines to be shipped.
Thank you Jim. I'll see if any of those are where we are going.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

A few of my favorite mechanical photographs from Chicago-based photographer Freddy Fabris. While accompanying a friend to a cluttered auto repair shop, inspiration suddenly struck — he would pose the mechanics in the style of classical portraits. Any mechanics that you know?

[[

gary
Old 11-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Cool pics, Skunkworks. I never looked at anyone with such a loving expression when they handed me a wrench!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Cool pics, Skunkworks. I never looked at anyone with such a loving expression when they handed me a wrench!
That's creepy.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep! Garages can be creepy, especially if their dimly lit during the evening. Years ago, when I wrenched on my cars during the late hours, our garage may have had the same artistic aura, only without the classical interpretation.

gary

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX