S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 12-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
^^Thanks, Roseanne. I also intended to ask if the LED bulb was for an automotive usage, and if so, how well it was liked.

gary
Marker light (sometimes referred to as parking lights) in the Lotus headlight assembly. I liked it fine until the matching one in the left front disintegrated into many bits. Naturally when one goes, you replace both since the other is probably not far behind. That is the other one which you can see has extreme heat damage.

And as with anything on the Lotus, replacing a marker light is a project (yes, removing the front wheels is required). So if you have it all opened up anyway, may as well upgrade and do the rubber gasket trim delete on the assembly housing.

That effing Lotus is gonna bankrupt me.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:19 PM

Received 5,746 Likes on 3,385 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
And some crappy quality pics of some lovely christmas lights in a nearby neighborhood.
To each their own. Thank goodness my wife has not "yet" reached that level but she's always advancing toward it. To me it's like looking at a million pink flamingo's. So what's wrong with that?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Selfie of the +1 and friends at the 007 Gala last night.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like a blast, Deb. Much better than my NY’s evening consisting of dinner out, a movie, and then watching the Time Square ball drop. Zzzz…zzzz…zzzz...

gary
Old 01-01-2015, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Selfie of the +1 and friends at the 007 Gala last night.

So you passed up the Winter Classic just to get all dressed up.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

^ Nah, but we were too tired to make it yesterday. Caps won! You should have come to the gala - LOTS of dancing! Although not much 50s and 60s music. One live band and five DJs in various rooms. Our fave room was Iceland - several Bond themed ice sculptures, some dispensing martinis. This one is a bit dark, but you get the idea.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky
^ Nah, but we were too tired to make it yesterday. Caps won! You should have come to the gala - LOTS of dancing! Although not much 50s and 60s music. One live band and five DJs in various rooms. Our fave room was Iceland - several Bond themed ice sculptures, some dispensing martinis. This one is a bit dark, but you get the idea.

Sounds like a fun night. We go to nice pizza bar up the road that serves martinis all the time but I don't recall ever trying one. I know I don't like gin so it would have to be vodka martini for me. It's kinda fun to watch them make the fancy drinks with surup swirls and whatever else they toss in the drink.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

The Sacramento Zoo has three lion cubs. I went to see them on Thursday, Jan. 8, 2015. My daughter is a zookeeper there so I'm always up to date on the babies they have.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:26 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Love the pics, Patty. Especially #4 and #5. Point and shoot or big girl camera? Or cell phone?
Old 01-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Love the pics, Patty. Especially #4 and #5. Point and shoot or big girl camera? Or cell phone?
I used my Canon EOS 40D with the 70-200mm lens, zoomed all the way in. The zoo has added an additional low fence to keep people farther away from the enclosure than is normal so without a zoom the photos wouldn't be much. I was told the low fence was recently moved about 6 feet closer to the enclosure. You can see the faint blur of the enclosure grid in the photos. The cubs were not put on exhibit until they were 2 months old. Here's some info from the Sacramento Zoo Blog.

tuesday, january 6, 2015
Lion Cub Photos & Video - Ten Weeks Old

The three African Lion cubs are settling into their exhibit since their public debut two weeks ago. The rambunctious trio continue to develop their skills by climbing on the rocks and logs, pouncing on each other, running and tumbling down the slope and using their mother as a big chew toy, teething and chewing on her tail, legs or anything else that is handy! Even in the chilly temperatures they are bounding about and enjoying the sunshine.

Their mom is quite protective but is adjusting to seeing guests near her cubs and you can even hear her vocalizing to them throughout the day as she tries to keep all three in sight. We are slowly moving the public barriers closer to the original fence line, allowing time for the mother to get comfortable.

Currently they cubs are on exhibit from approximately 10 am to 2 pm daily but do have access to their off-exhibit den. Mornings are still the best time to catch a glimpse of them.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX