S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 12-28-2014, 07:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Some great photos Dave and Patty. Thanks for sharing.

Patty, I’m glad to see a taillight on the ElliptiGO. Keep it on strobe mode all of the time. It helps car drivers recognize you from a distance, even during daylight hours.

gary

Old 12-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Boy, Jerry is looking fit.
Yeah, too fit. Hugging him was like hugging a rock. He's lost a lot of weight in the past few months.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Some great photos Dave and Patty. Thanks for sharing.

Patty, I’m glad to see a taillight on the ElliptiGO. Keep it on strobe mode all of the time. It helps car drivers recognize you from a distance, even during daylight hours.

gary
Gary, I disagree about the strobe setting! I wear a bright pink top of some sort. I have a t-shirt, and three different jackets I can wear, all pink, depending on the warmth I need. ElliptiGO riders are standing up instead of curled over the handlebars so we present a lot of surface area with our backs. My bright pink back stands out for miles when I'm on the road and way better than the lights. When I see someone riding with a strobe, I find it hard to pinpoint their distance. If the light's on steady, I can figure out exactly where they are. Same with the strobe heading on the headlights. Because my pink is so bright, I don't use my lights until sunset.

When I ride Santiago Canyon, I'll see a guy on his bike wearing neon green or neon orange, miles away. If they're wearing muted colors, or nothing bright, I'll only notice them when they get close because I see something moving. Now that I think about it, if a person likes to wear the muted colors, the tail lights would be useful.

^8-22-2014. Some of my pinks, up at Kennedy Meadows.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Well Thelma is disappointed. The UK animal charity didn't use her pic and I took the tree down today. Poor kitty. She loved sitting under the tree, contemplating her life.

Someday I may see my pic of her on some advertisement in the UK and I'll have to demand royalties at that time.

Patty, and Dave, that's for sharing your pics. Dave I LOVE that second pic. Did you take it? Photographing black animals is tough.

And Patty, please tell Jerry I said he needs to eat a cookie!!! I didn't think he was carrying much extra weight at all, but I guess he did.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
Well Thelma is disappointed. The UK animal charity didn't use her pic and I took the tree down today. Poor kitty. She loved sitting under the tree, contemplating her life.

Someday I may see my pic of her on some advertisement in the UK and I'll have to demand royalties at that time.

Patty, and Dave, that's for sharing your pics. Dave I LOVE that second pic. Did you take it? Photographing black animals is tough.

And Patty, please tell Jerry I said he needs to eat a cookie!!! I didn't think he was carrying much extra weight at all, but I guess he did.
^Yeah, even he thinks he's a little too thin. He said he went down to size 32 pants and even his bike riding gear was getting baggy. Too bad he's married or I would have... Oh, never mind. I'll send him a link and maybe he'll chime in.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:18 PM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1419805416' post='23449593

^Yeah, even he thinks he's a little too thin. He said he went down to size 32 pants and even his bike riding gear was getting baggy. Too bad he's married or I would have... Oh, never mind. I'll send him a link and maybe he'll chime in.
Nice Guy,that Jerry.
Tell him to chime in,once in a while;even if he's married;does' n't matter.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
Nice Guy,that Jerry.
Tell him to chime in, once in a while; even if he's married; doesn't matter.
^ I sent him a link to this thread. Maybe he'll get a chance to chime in before he heads home.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

I believe someone is trying to tell me something...

And some crappy quality pics of some lovely christmas lights in a nearby neighborhood.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
Excellent close-up detail. Roseanne. What make and model of cell phone do you have?

gary
Sorry I missed this question earlier. It's a Motorola Moto X. The reviews said its picture taking capabilities were terrible, but I've found that it's fine if you have a little patience and learn how to use some of the settings. Yeah, if you leave it on fully automatic, it can be a bit of a dice roll on the outcome, but mostly it does pretty well. I like to override the automatic settings in low-light circumstances... if I remember before the moment for the picture has passed.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

^^Thanks, Roseanne. I also intended to ask if the LED bulb was for an automotive usage, and if so, how well it was liked.

gary

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX