S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX

Old 11-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
A few days ago, someone (skunkworks?) posted some pics of his weather station, so I decided to take a couple of mine. I have a Davis Vantage PRO2 station, with a indoor display like this:

The outdoor sensors are located at two locations; the anemometer is on the peak of the roof, and the rain collector/temperature sensor is located on the edge of my porch roof. The only reason it is also not on the roof peak is that since we live in a wooded area, the rain collector often gets clogged with leaves, and no way am I going to climb up on the roof to clear it. The anemometer has been up there at least 4 years, and the battery is still good, even though I keep getting a low battery notice on the console. You can see them in this picture:

I also upload all my weather data real-time to Weather Underground, which requires the use of the free Cumulus software, This is what that display looks like:

That is the same unit I use here at work for keeping track of the weather and UV/solar levels. I had one for home but it died. I replaced it with a cheaper unit (not Davis) and I am sorry I did. Santa will be bring me a new Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus this Christmas, I hope!
Old 11-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
That is the same unit I use here at work for keeping track of the weather and UV/solar levels. I had one for home but it died. I replaced it with a cheaper unit (not Davis) and I am sorry I did. Santa will be bring me a new Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus this Christmas, I hope!
I hope Santa is good to you, David! I had some problems with the Vantage unit a couple of years ago, and sent the whole shebang to them in California. For a very reasonable fee, they repaired/replaced things and returned it to me, good as new. They seem to be a great company to work with.
Old 11-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Member (Premium)

iPhone pic I took this afternoon of a neighbor's maple tree in the late day sun:

Old 11-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^That is one majestic tree, Gene. It's so big. I love trees. I am a tree hugger, literally. I hug some of the natural trees at Kennedy Meadows.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Nice tree! I saw a beautiful RED one this AM when taking my grandson to school. Wish I had time to stop and take a pic.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:45 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
A few days ago, someone (skunkworks?) posted some pics of his weather station, so I decided to take a couple of mine. I have a Davis Vantage PRO2 station, with a indoor display like this:

The outdoor sensors are located at two locations; the anemometer is on the peak of the roof, and the rain collector/temperature sensor is located on the edge of my porch roof. The only reason it is also not on the roof peak is that since we live in a wooded area, the rain collector often gets clogged with leaves, and no way am I going to climb up on the roof to clear it. The anemometer has been up there at least 4 years, and the battery is still good, even though I keep getting a low battery notice on the console. You can see them in this picture:

I also upload all my weather data real-time to Weather Underground, which requires the use of the free Cumulus software, This is what that display looks like:

Gene, do you have that just because you are interested in tracking the weather, or do you use that information for other activites and hobbies like flying or boating?

Also, I think you should change the battery on station 4.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:56 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Gene, do you have that just because you are interested in tracking the weather, or do you use that information for other activites and hobbies like flying or boating?

Also, I think you should change the battery on station 4.
^Mainly because I enjoy tracking the weather and knowing the outside temps and rainfall amounts for gardening purposes.

As far as station 4, which is the anemometer on the roof, I have been getting that message for 2 years now, and it still works fine. When it dies, I'll send my grandson up to change it.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Member (Premium)

You've seen lost dog signs? Ever seen one of these? I was told it was worth about $1,000.

^11-12-2014.

^11-4-2014. Near sunset in Santiago Canyon.

^11-4-2014. Near sunset in Santiago Canyon, two days before a full moon.

11-12-2014 Santiago Canyon Strava ride data.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

I love your cycling (eliptigoing) pics. I feel like such an out of shape, unhealthy slug in comparison. You go, girl!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:27 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by RMurphy
I love your cycling (eliptigoing) pics. I feel like such an out of shape, unhealthy slug in comparison. You go, girl!
Roseanne, it's funny how we think about ourselves. I think you're a hot babe and I'm pudgy. I can ride but you've got the great figure. Today should be a good day to ride. Gotta get off the computer and ElliptiGO.

Quick Reply: Odds and Ends Vintage Photos IX