S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Now that Valentine and Grannyrod are celebrities

Old 03-16-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Mar 16 2006, 11:59 AM
Drew Baby (I can call him that since we are personally acquainted - in the platonic sense of course. ) - very nice writing. I'm glad my car made it into the pic, anyway. And you are right about the Evo article. Wow...

BTW - I like this photo from last year's Fling. Granny was a bit teary eyed in it, but she still looked cute.
You're too funny too, Perk. That's a nice one of you and Jonas.

Drew, granny looked teary eyed because she'd just bounced her baby off a mountain two times, remember? We'll try to get some even greater pictures of the Val and me for you so you can hurry up and get us discovered out there. There's one of her climbing rocks out in AZ that I really like. Now there's a story.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Mar 16 2006, 09:30 AM
And when are we going to be graced with your lovely presence at one of our east coast meets that you seem to enjoy from afar so much? I still have room for a +1 in my car should ever decide to "pull a Patty" and fly in.
The shame of it is that I'll be right in the area the weekend before Spring Fling.

My oldest graduates college in Ithaca the last weekend of May, but I have to rush right back to the coast after the ceremony. (I'm on a project that doesn't end until late June) I won't even be able to make Sac2k days this year.

One of these days I'll get back there for a meet... One of these days...
Old 03-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

[QUOTE=drewchie,Mar 16 2006, 09:07 AM]I may not be posting much, but I do lurk occasionally.

I realize that photo was from Fall Colors, but I couldn't find the Spring Fling photo of Granny I wanted. (A Vintage event just isn't the same without her!)

As for Val... I've been in Hollywood long enough to know that the sexy blonde goes on the movie poster every time!

As for my comment about the trash on the front page, I'd just been taking a phenomenal amount of... ahem... "stuff" regarding the previous article about the S2k vs the Evo. (An "article" that was really meant as tounge-in-cheek satire, but I'm now being hung in effigy on automotive forums the world wide. I had no idea how quickly this internet stuff can spread... I'm now hated in a multitude of languages. )

I miss y'all.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by drewchie,Mar 16 2006, 12:17 PM
The shame of it is that I'll be right in the area the weekend before Spring Fling.

My oldest graduates college in Ithaca the last weekend of May, but I have to rush right back to the coast after the ceremony. (I'm on a project that doesn't end until late June) I won't even be able to make Sac2k days this year.

One of these days I'll get back there for a meet... One of these days...
Too bad you'll be a week early. I can't believe it's time for your oldest daughter to graduate already. Seems like you just brought her out here. I'm sure you're still the proud dad you always were. Congratulations.

As for one of our meets, we'll just live in hope until you can join us. This work stuff is getting in our way.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Here's one of my favorites for the "Granny picture thread."

Old 03-16-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr,Mar 16 2006, 08:42 AM
Thelma and Louise go to White Castle.

My first "big" event was FC'04, and that picture represents one of my two fondest memories ever while being associated with this forum.

Me and my girlfriend were walking around the parking lot, a little timid and apprehensive of our surroundings. "Lowrider" came on a few rows over, and we turned to see grannyrod and valentine whooping it up and havin' a good ole' time. I turned to Misty and said "These people are ok, we're being weenies. Relax and enjoy the atmosphere."

I've been lusting after granny ever since .

The other one (not related, but I figured someone would ask) is watching canberra do a maniacal happy dance in the driver's seat after turning a killer time on the autocross course.

I'm not lusting after canberra now, but he's all right .
Old 03-16-2006, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ruined 2,Mar 16 2006, 03:44 PM
I've been lusting after granny ever since...
get in line!!!

Those Vintage babes are in DEMAND!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM

Drew already mentioned his previous front-page article -- the hate threads it spawned were astonishing, particularly given its satirical bent. In retrospect, I guess it's not too surprising that the Evo crowd (Drew's target) didn't get it, given their demographics.

But I would have thought that the S2000 crowd would. And then I wrote my own S2K-centric satire and, well, to paraphrase xviper: Whoosh! That was the sound of the thread going over their heads.

In any case, Drew was clearly motivated to get something else up on the front page, and so we've got new celebrities, one wearing my favorite string-back gloves.

Now, don't let all this attention go to your pretty little heads, ladies. HPH
Old 03-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

That's my big sister you guys are lusting after. I don't blame you.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,Mar 16 2006, 08:39 AM
Meet me in Rm #314 and I'll sign a stack of photos for you to pass out to your friends. Speaking of Grannyrod, WHERE ARE YOU??????
Great offer. Pass out, H*LL, I will be selling them on E-Bay.

Quick Reply: Now that Valentine and Grannyrod are celebrities