S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

NASCAR Romps According To USA Today

Old 06-30-2004, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
I had some BL last night.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:57 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

It took a lot to get a buzz!

It's not that it's bad

It just doesn't have a lot of *character*

Come out to Seattle and I'll buy you a Mac and Jack's African Amber.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
It took a lot to get a buzz!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:20 AM

But getting back to topic, you guys don't get much NASCAR out there do you?
Old 06-30-2004, 11:25 AM
lig
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Derricke Cope and that Kahne kid are from this area, IIRC

As much as I dislike NASCAR - there is talk of a track being built out this way (about 40 - 50 minutes from Seattle. I welcome it because it might be a great place for an auto-x or if they have a road course infield - we'd have another place to go!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:30 AM

They're expanding all over the country - that track'd be cool! If they have any more races it'll be a year-round sport.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:35 PM

F1 and MotoGP! The rest I'm not really interested in.

I don't care for NASCAR, but I do love to hear a NASCAR race on a radio playing in the background. Weird, but true. My granddad always listened to races on the radio and sometimes watched on TV (w/ the sound off). Now whenever I hear a race on the radio it reminds me of him and all those lazy summer afternoons spent on the porch swing.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:44 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
Old 07-07-2004, 04:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Racing is like food....sometimes you feel like a burger and a Bud (NASCAR). sometimes only a bit of sushi and Sapporo (F1 or ALMS). Maybe a nice pasta and a Moretti (Champ Car) or a Polish sausage with a Miller Genuine Draft (NHRA or Outlaws).

Not everybody likes the same food all the time...doesn't mean what YOU like is the only good food and what the OTHER person likes is bad. Same with racing...on any given day I watch F1, Champ Car, American Le Mans and would not consciously miss a NASCAR event. I tune in to Vintage stuff and attend sprint car races as much as time permits. I don't follow drag racing for lack of time more than any other reason.

I don't care for baseball, football, golf, tennis, basketball or hockey but I say "to each their own".

Any may I add at this particular time: if Lance Armstrong was an F1 driver you would be hearing as much about this weekend's British GP as we do about the Tour de France! And can you imagine an F1 team sponsored by the U S Postal Service!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:55 PM

Received 485 Likes on 287 Posts
Angry

I heard an interesting statistic (and we all know what Mark Twain said about statistics) on National Public Radio (NPR) yesterday. According to Sports Marketing Inc, NASCAR is number nine in the "Top Ten" of most hated of televised sports.

Interestingly enough three of out of the "Top Ten" where golf! The PGA, the LPGA and the Seniors Tour.

BTW, with Bob in the post above. Especially the part referring to Lance Armstrong in the media and news. Yes! he is an incredible athelete and if he wins an unprecedented six in a row that is certainly news worthy. On the other side Michael Schumacher has won every race this season (except Monaco, where he was taken out by JPM) He just had his 70 career win, 60 with Ferarri which is four times the previous record for a driver with the team. Did one see it on the news? No. Why? Becuase virtually everyone has riden a bicycle but virtually no one compared to the general population (except for most S2000 drivers and motorheads) do not view driving as an art form. For most people it is a way to get from point A to point B. Just think of the people that you know that do not consider race drivers atheletes!

Quick Reply: NASCAR Romps According To USA Today