S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Motoring

Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I was thinking about this thread the other day. There is some really fine writing in it. Many people contributed to this thread and I still ejoy reading it. Unfortunately, I'm saddened to see that some of the contributors are no longer with us.

I hope people who have not seen this before will read it and enjoy it, and I really hope that some will add their stories of motoring as well.

Motoring is when getting there is more fun than being there, and there is anywhere you happen to end up.

Enjoy.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix,Nov 3 2003, 10:28 PM
I was literally hours away from buying a Z3 3.0. On my way home from work, I decided to stop at a Honda dealership and try an S2000. I have no idea why it just dawned on me that day to try the S2000. I get to a dealership and the GM gave me his car to test drive....I was absolutely taken back with the car. It WAS everything I wanted in a car.

I went home, went inside and told my wife I no longer want the Z3. I was talking about getting the Z3 for over 2 years, but between getting married, buying a house etc...it just never made sense. She looked at me and said...what happened???? I said, I can't explain it, you have to experience it. I took her to the dealership and she test drove the car. She took the car out and all I could see when she got back was a HUGE on her face - I immediately knew she felt the same thing. When she got out, all she could say was "Oh my God...that is THE BEST car I have ever driven...GET THAT CAR...."!

I look back after about a year and a half of ownership and think...what if I had bought the Z3 and know what I know about that car today.....this comes to mind - all I can say is..... I am glad I saved my forehead .
Marco,

It is "funny" that this tread got recycled today. When I was at the drive-in at one of the local BK's today talking with the person that built the 58 Lister Jag over a C4 chassis we got talking about exhaust notes on long drives and I told the folks that I was talking with about you and Denise driving down for Spring Fling 04 with your Invidia and how you stated NEVER AGAIN FOR A LONG TRIP because you were shouting after being made partially deaf. You both spent the first day asking "what did you say?"
Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Nov 12 2010, 10:08 PM
I was thinking about this thread the other day. There is some really fine writing in it. Many people contributed to this thread and I still ejoy reading it. Unfortunately, I'm saddened to see that some of the contributors are no longer with us.

I hope people who have not seen this before will read it and enjoy it, and I really hope that some will add their stories of motoring as well.

Motoring is when getting there is more fun than being there, and there is anywhere you happen to end up.

Enjoy.
yet another vintage gem. I will never cease to be amazed with the wealth of knowledge and words of experience that abound this forum.

Thanks for bumping this Rob, and if it is ok with all, I can see some posts on the home page in the coming days