S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Motoring

Old 12-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

It's very cold today, about 28* F here in New Jersey. It's cloudy, but it's dry. There is snow all over the lawns and walkways, but the roads are clear. I haven't had my S out of the garage in about a week, I've only put about 50 miles on it since December 1st. Today sounds like the perfect motoring day.

This morning I have some chores to do, we have family coming for the holidays, but as soon as I finish I think I'll take a drive to no where. I don't know if I'll be able to convince anyone to come. Maybe my 9 year old, certainly not my wife. Still, I'm going. It's the perfect motoring day. Cold, clear, and no where in particular to go. A hat, a leather jacket, gloves, a scarf, the top down and the heat up. Perfect.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:42 AM

Received 5,791 Likes on 3,411 Posts

Rob, sounds good to me. As mother use to say, dress warm and you'll be fine - until they come to lock you up!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone noticed that our car is showing up in Honda's advertisements lately? You used to never see the car, now it's popping up all over the place. Don't know if I like that.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:02 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Nice and warm out today. Hmmmmm!

G-Rod, I think I saw one in a montage style ad. But the S was on for just a second or two.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:01 AM

"The Washington Post" had the same montage-type ad. Our secret is out.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I thought that I'd bring this back to the top in case anyone else wants to contribute to it.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:14 PM

I have always loved to drive, feel the road, wind in my hair, feel the pure power of speed.

This is the first convertable I have ever owned but not the first sports car.

I bought my car in Nov. of 2001. I still feel the same way about it as I did when I bought it. No other car can even compare to it.

I have a motorcycle and I love riding that too but it's not the same you have to worry about other people too much to enjoy the ride. And all the gear for personal protection becomes burden some although necessary.

I love just taking a ride just for the sake of taking a ride with no where imparticular to go.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

I've been motoring more than usual lately. Maybe because the weather has improved quite dramatically. Last Sun it was down to Richmond for Carmen's getaway. Route 1 between Fredericksburg and Richmond is a nice alternative to 95. And yesterday I decided to tool on down to Fredericksburg to meet up with some of the Mid-A members. Did that instead of my jaunt out to Middleburg horse country, which I'll do soon. Many times I just hop in the car and drive the George Washington Parkway - a beautiful road just a couple of minutes from my place.

Still get a thrill pushing that little red start button...
Old 03-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,668 Likes on 859 Posts

It was a great weekend for motoring here on the Delmarva Penninsula!

Spent 3 hrs Saturday doing a permanent installation of my Alpine XM tuner and antenna, then spent 2 more hours cleaning the car inside and out.

Then, it was time for a top-down drive through the scenic Amish farm country west of here, enjoying the tunes and especially enjoying the fine-tuned performance of my new wheels and S-03's. As hard as it is to believe, there are even some pretty nice twisties in this flat land in central Delaware!

Sunday morning, I indulged in my other vice, and enjoyed a beautiful breakfast flight to an airport near the Chesapeake Bay in Cambridge, MD. (Cost of my share of the breakfast tab: $8.00. Cost to fly there and back: $56.00. The enjoyment I got out of flying on such a beautiful day: Priceless!!)

When I got home, Bea said she was feeling pretty good, so we went for a drive in the S2K. She wasn't sure how the wind would affect her, but after we got going, she was doing great! So, it was time for another drive through Amish farm country. This time, though, we had to be extra careful of the horse and buggies, as they all seemed to be out enjoying their version of a top-down drive!

This is what motoring is all about for me!

And just like Deb, I still get a thrill pushing that little red start button! (And driving through the twisties!)
Old 03-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,966 Likes on 1,754 Posts

That reminds me, Gene. You are right. It is beautiful driving through Amish country up there around Lancaster. I did it years ago before I got the S, but need to go back. So glad Bea was feeling up to a cruise.

Quick Reply: Motoring