S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

More Test Drives

Old 04-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default More Test Drives

I've been following Legal Bill's adventures, but he's been slacking off lately.
I went to Heart Acura in Wappingers Falls NY with whom I've done business before, to look at the TSX. Good dealership in that I get the keys and they tell me to take as much time as I like. I drove the 6MT and I was very impressed with all aspects of the car. The interior is beautiful and, in Honda fashion, all the goodies are right where they should be. I'm at the upper height limit for the S at 6'3", but I had room to spare in the TSX. Very comfortable! The car had only four miles on so I really didn't try to push it, but I thought it had enough power especially once it got above 3k. The shifter was exceptionally smooth but it seemed like I had to reach forward a bit unlike the S. Almost anything feels big after getting out of the S, but I liked the handling of this car. If the TSX was offered as a coupe, I would have been hooked. Next, I drove the "refreshened" RSX S. I had an '02 that I traded in for my S2000 and I always enjoyed it. The "new" one seems better in a few ways. In terms of looks, I like the restyled head and taillights and the lip on the trunk. 17" wheels are a nice touch and I think it's just a bit lower. The front seats are a major improvement over the previous ones. It still needs a center arm rest, but over all, it's a very comfortable little car. It is an absolute blast to drive! This car had about 400 miles, so I was able to "drive" it without guilt. It's quick. Really quick. It has a little bit of torque steer when punched, but not bad at all. Outstanding shifter, too.This car is major fun for not too much money. The TSX is most likely worth the extra 5 grand because it's loaded with features, but I really fell in love with the RSX all over again. And I don't care if I'm too old for it. Now if anyone wants a lovely '04 Jeep Wrangler, let me know!
Old 04-02-2005, 06:21 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I liked the RSX too. I keep thinking about it. I have now run into 4 people who have the Subaru Legacy GT Limited and I really think I have to test drive one.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely LOVE the RSX-S, at least from the brochures and a few views when I've visited San Francisco or Honolulu or Seattle over the last three years.

The current one has no side curtain air bags. I suspect the MY06 will and I am absolutely certain the MY07 will. My next car will have that feature. I wish there were an Acura dealer closer than 400 miles.

I doubt I'll buy something as big as the TSX or Accord Coupe for my personal use.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I drove an RSX a few months ago. I loved it. If we didn't have the TL I'd buy the RSX-S in a minute.