S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Middle class shrinks

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure I know what middle class is.
My definition. Not poor not rich
Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
So it would be wrong for me to post "I pray to my Allah, Shiva, and my Christian God that the Democrats and/or Republicans and/or Green Party can reverse this trend which is obviously a Communist plot designed to weaken our great country."

OK. Then maybe I'll post something about jugs.

Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Forgive my ignorance but I'm not sure I know what middle class is.

That's a good question, and the researchers are not really sure, either. they call it middle income and define it as follows:

Finally, we compute the median of the size-adjusted household incomes. Middle-income households, by our definition, earn as much as twice the median income or as little as two-thirds the median. This results in a range of $40,667 to $122,000 for a middle-income American household of three in 2013.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
So it would be wrong for me to post "I pray to my Allah, Shiva, and my Christian God that the Democrats and/or Republicans and/or Green Party can reverse this trend which is obviously a Communist plot designed to weaken our great country."

Those must be some bad jugs....
Old 03-26-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
Originally Posted by tof' timestamp='1427381721' post='23555347

Those must be some bad jugs....
Is there such a thing?
Old 03-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 148 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Ok, y'all members. I see no invitation by the OP to post your political manifestos. If you want a political (or maybe a religious) thread, post one up in the place provided by S2ki. And then wax as political as you want. If the thread dies there, it is probably because it did not command enough attention to keep it alive.
Thanks

My hero.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Yep. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I'm now working for half of the salary I was earning in 2008. I used to be able to afford a lot of things that I now dream of. As a State employee, I get no pay increase unless the legislature authorizes it ( meaning absolutly none). Talk about a fixed income.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:22 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Lame. What does one expect when they post a economical hot button? Didnt realize no one wanted to discuss reality here, sorry. Carry on with the whatever this is.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Lame. What does one expect when they post a economical hot button? Didnt realize no one wanted to discuss reality here, sorry. Carry on with the whatever this is.
Yes, the "realities", including the putative existence of middle class shrinkage, how it is defined, where it is occurring, and the economic affects of the phenomenon, ...,

- but NOT hot headed political opinion about whether conservative or liberal policies are/were the CAUSES middle class shrinkage, as observed on many so-called balanced newscasts that present "realities". If you want to conduct such a political discussion, that could be interesting to some folks, but it belongs in a Politics thread, not here.That should be easy enough to understand. In any case this is not the place to discuss the site posting rules. We try to observe them, but we do not make them. They are a stable part of the venue.

okay?
Old 03-27-2015, 02:20 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1427440928' post='23556462
Yes, the "realities", including the putative existence of middle class shrinkage, how it is defined, where it is occurring, and the economic affects of the phenomenon, ...,

- but NOT hot headed political opinion about whether conservative or liberal policies are/were the CAUSES middle class shrinkage, as observed on many so-called balanced newscasts, left or right, that present "realities". If you want to conduct such a political discussion, that could be interesting to some folks, but it belongs in a Politics thread, not here.That should be easy enough to understand. In any case this is not the place to discuss the site posting rules. We try to observe them, but we do not make them. They are a stable part of the venue.

okay?

Quick Reply: Middle class shrinks