S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Member or guest? To renew or not to renew?

Old 03-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Almost that time for me too:
  • Current Package: Membership
  • Purchased With: Paypal
  • Paid Until: 13 Apr 2014
  • You have paid until 13 Apr 2014. No automatic renewal will be performed.

This site will get along just fine with or w/o my $20. IB Automotive is pretty big and I'm sure they make a ton of money off advertising which I see almost none of because of Mozilla and AdBlock+.

The only reason I re-upped the last time was to sell some items. Selling on here has become a chore with the new rules in place and the "required template" all because the mobile site doesn't show the second line of FS posts. Or maybe it's because of spammers? Either way I feel like all the paying members are being punished because of a few bad apples.

If I renew, it'll be for the stars and, I won't have to clean out my PM box in order to receive any new ones.

I can sell on Facebook for $.00
Old 03-29-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 3,195 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Thanks, Rob and others who like this thread.

Keep on discussing. I will leave it up to the mods to step in if they see

I'd kick in the $20.00 for my stars but I took the grandkids shopping today. We went out looking for a black sweater for the granddaughter, she was threatening to steal one of mine. No sweater found, but I bought her two dresses, bought her brother a Nike sweatshirt (he likes Nike) along with another shirt.

I'm broke.

Time to go check the Jeep Cherokee forum.. I'm a deadbeat there too.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Thanks, Rob and others who like this thread.

Keep on discussing. I will leave it up to the mods to step in if they see
I don't see a problem with the thread personally. How people want to spend their money is totally up to them. If they feel that they aren't getting anything for it (besides the stars), or they don't frequently post, then don't pay. I don't think anyone would have an issue with that.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by freq
The only reason I re-upped the last time was to sell some items. Selling on here has become a chore with the new rules in place and the "required template" all because the mobile site doesn't show the second line of FS posts. Or maybe it's because of spammers? Either way I feel like all the paying members are being punished because of a few bad apples.

If I renew, it'll be for the stars and, I won't have to clean out my PM box in order to receive any new ones.

I can sell on Facebook for $.00

It didn't take very long for you to post your daily distaste for the site did it? I'm surprised you didn't spout off with the whole software inadequacies. That's your usual follow-up MO isn't it?

The marketplace rules were adjusted to help minimize scammers from taking advantage of people on the board. You think it's a "few" bad apples? Perhaps you should talk to the people who have been victims of their experiences and see how they feel about your gripe about the marketplace rules. I'd gladly send them all your way. Perhaps you don't have a conscious, but when I see people get scammed on the site, I take it personally and want to get it resolved. Creating the template and posting tips on how to prevent being scammed on the forum frontpage were efforts we took to help curb this on the site. When you post your daily rant about the site inadequacies, I brush them off. When you post about your frustration about the template to help minimize scammers, I take it personally.

Do what you want with your renewal, but, if you post something in the marketplace and you don't follow the marketplace rules, you will receive a PM from one of the marketplace moderators
Old 03-30-2014, 04:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Stop taking it so damn personal Mocky.

Lainey started a thread about renewing or not renewing memberships and why we choose to do so. My comments are right where they belong. I didn't have to dig very far to find it, it was on the Vintage first page AND I'm almost up for renewal. A perfect topic for me!!! You have lots of opportunity to reply to other posts in this thread about why people won't renew, but you chose mine. I am voicing my opinion and thoughts right were I should be. It's just us ornery Vintage folks anyway...right? Just adults having a discussion.

If an adult can't protect themselves from being scammed online then maybe they shouldn't be online. The demographics have changed considerably over the last 10 years I've been here. Scammers are willing to pay $20 to become a member, you said it yourself, they have no conscience, what makes a template any safer for the buyer? Name: bogus, Price: $xxx, Location: bogus, Contact: Email? PM? Phone? : all bogus. How does any of that make you a safer buyer? It doesn't.

As for this: Location City/State must be in the thread title (NOT the subtitle). This rule is because viewing this forum in the IB app or on mobile devices doesn't show the secondary title line. If you're buying something of value, say $100 or more, maybe you shouldn't be doing it from your phone ......... or using an "app".
Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Looter
... Not a pi$ing match @ all, Lainey ...!!! Sort of fun, seeing what everyone has to post ..!!!

I've rather enjoyed it, myself ...!!!
Denny, you get along with everyone and don't hold grudges....it's one of the things I like best about you

You don't preach and don't launch vendettas about any specific Gold Members, Members or Guests. Irrespective of your love of the "Civil War", you are a peacemaker here...where things are not always civil.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I've seen Denny get mad before...

Hehehe. See you guys in a few weeks. Mike. Come plow my driveway. Scoots needs his done too
Old 03-30-2014, 06:57 AM

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
Originally Posted by Looter' timestamp='1396112975' post='23087200
... Not a pi$ing match @ all, Lainey ...!!! Sort of fun, seeing what everyone has to post ..!!!

I've rather enjoyed it, myself ...!!!
Denny, you get along with everyone and don't hold grudges....it's one of the things I like best about you

You don't preach and don't launch vendettas about any specific Gold Members, Members or Guests. Irrespective of your love of the "Civil War", you are a peacemaker here...where things are not always civil.

Thanks so much Jerry ... Hope to see you & Kathy @ Spring Fling ... then of course, the entire family in Gettysburg this summer ...
Looks like we will be there 3- times again this year...The re-enactments, this Fall, for "Fall Colors"... & the Remembrance Days in November ...
... by the way ... Retiring the first of September... after 46 & 1/2 years ...( still can't move there ) lol ...!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll probably continue to spend the 39 cents per week.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^Or 5 1/2 cents a day
Levi

Quick Reply: Member or guest? To renew or not to renew?