S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Marinated olives stuufed with blue cheese.......

Old 06-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts
Default Marinated olives stuufed with blue cheese.......

go really well with good scotch.....mmmmmmm

I'm glad it's 5 o'clock somewhere and on a Monday too....good thing I'm still on vacation...

fltsfshr
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 510 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr

I'm glad it's 5 o'clock somewhere and on a Monday too....good thing I'm still on vacation...

fltsfshr
YUCK! IMHO. I have tried to like Blue Cheese over the years, but I just don't like it. Although, I have been tempted to try Spanish olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers (from Trader Joe's) in my Bombay Sapphire Martini's instead of the colossal olives.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:05 PM

Received 3,479 Likes on 1,887 Posts

Sounds edible to me. I will eat blue cheese crumbles straight out of the container it comes in from Trader Joes. I like olives too. The Scotch, though, I think I'll pass on.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,638 Posts

Blue cheese is eh OK,
olives i really like,
Scotch I really love.

the combo.... eh not so much.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 AM

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Sounds interesting...and rich! I love olives. Used to get big jars of garlic-stuffed olives when I went out to AZ and bring them back on the plane. This was before you could buy them in the stores. Yum...Another thing that my former MIL used to make is blue cheese whipped with butter/margarine to make a spread for crackers. It is very good.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 AM

Received 2,941 Likes on 1,740 Posts

Grant - how long is this vacation going to last? Isn't it dragging on a bit?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Grant - how long is this vacation going to last? Isn't it dragging on a bit?
Other than a market in Dallas this Thursday and one in August. I'm on vacation till Nov 1st barring hurricanes and things.

Being a boss has it's privileges.

fltsfshr

PS I wasn't a fan of olives stuffed with blue cheese until I chased one with Scotch.. that's a good combination. I'm surprised my head doesn't hurt this morning. My fishing partner and I ate the whole jar.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_in_VA
Originally Posted by fltsfshr' timestamp='1338844231' post='21753604

fltsfshr
YUCK! IMHO. I have tried to like Blue Cheese over the years, but I just don't like it. Although, I have been tempted to try Spanish olives stuffed with jalapeno peppers (from Trader Joe's) in my Bombay Sapphire Martini's instead of the colossal olives.

Jalapeno stuffed olives in my vodkatini - one of my favorite beverages.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 AM

Received 808 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Sounds interesting...and rich! I love olives. Used to get big jars of garlic-stuffed olives when I went out to AZ and bring them back on the plane. This was before you could buy them in the stores. Yum...Another thing that my former MIL used to make is blue cheese whipped with butter/margarine to make a spread for crackers. It is very good.
another yummy cheese is gouda shredded with a little garlic, light mayo and grated carrots. makes a fantastic topping for french bread rounds. YUM!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM

Received 5,739 Likes on 3,382 Posts

According to my primary doctor you are living right:

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one.. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Quick Reply: Marinated olives stuufed with blue cheese.......