S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Living To 80 (Joke / comment)

Old 10-15-2003, 03:34 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

I know I'm going to get flamed over this but to me most of that moderation stuff is a bunch of bunk. The one place I've always believed it does the most good is to limit the times you see a doctor, the times you take pills, and the times you buy into all the fad health crap.

As long as I can remember I've ate too much, drank too much, partied too much, drove too fast, and exercised too little. I did give up smoking 15 years ago (but before that, it was too much - 3 packs a day). BTW, I hate fruits and most vegtables. I honestly believe 80% of health issues are mental/nerves/stress based and the other 20% is unavoidable (genetics, environment, accidents, etc.).

So my moto is relax and enjoy life, every aspect of it as long as you can. That's why with trifocals, some aches and pains, and social security checks coming in, I was preping the S2k for the track this Sat. Keep active, have a good sex life, and don't worry about the other crap.

Let the flames begin.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
I know I'm going to get flamed over this but to me most of that moderation stuff is a bunch of bunk.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know I'm going to get flamed over this but to me most of that moderation stuff is a bunch of bunk.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:25 PM

OhioRacer,

Glad to hear you got such good news - nothing beats peace-of-mind. Seriously, don't dwell on that gentric stuff either. If I recall correctly my dad had a triple-bypass by the time he was my age; I remember the stress at the Cleveland Clinic. Hey, I take a multiple vitamen pill a day and a couple Jim Beams, so no need to worry about that.

I forgot to mention, I do agree with moderation when it comes to work!!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by dlq04
I forgot to mention, I do agree with moderation when it comes to work!!
Old 10-16-2003, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be played for the fool when it concerns your health. Modern medicine is still in the witch doctor state for the most part. You must control your own good health by being informed and not mislead. Check out this sight! http://www.bolenreport.com/
Old 10-16-2003, 07:28 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,970 Likes on 1,756 Posts

Fortunately, I come from some pretty healthy stock and I'm thankful. My dad is 87, my mom is 81 and I have two aunts who are in their 90s. As a woman, I try to exercise frequently (cardio and strengthening) to ward off those problems particular to my gender, like osteoporosis. And I don't smoke. But most of all, a positive attitude about life is essential. As I said in another thread, the way I cope with stress is by taking some kind of action so I don't feel powerless, and by having something to look forward to.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-16-2003, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dallas
Old 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM

Received 515 Likes on 305 Posts

If I may? In August, my father-in-law celebrated his 80th birthday. This was quite a feat because NO ONE in his entire family history had ever made it passed their early sixties. My wife and sister-in-law hosted a party for him that was attended by about seventy people many of which he had not seen in twenty years that had traveled several hours to get to where he now lives. After he blow out "The" candle on his favorite type of cake (Carrot) I used the opportunity to read a poem that I had written for him. It goes as follows:

How does one live to be eighty?
Not by living like the actor Ned Beatty

Does one do it by being kind?
Clint has this quality, you will find

Does eating well play a part?
Or is it just having a big heart

Is it the naps in the afternoon?
Or hoping that one will out live the moon

Is it that daily glass of red wine?
Or the fact that he likes to dine

Could it be that he just likes to eat?
Finding someone who enjoys it more would be quite a feat

Could it be a healthy life style?
That is making the reaper wait a while

Is it a long marriage to a loving wife
That has resulted in such a long life

What ever your secret is
All we ask is this

Give us a hint
Clint?

Quick Reply: Living To 80 (Joke / comment)