S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Keep your Head

Old 05-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts
Default Keep your Head

from Topsail again. I've read three nice books while I've been here, but the best so far is Head for Murder which was written by our own Dr. Cloud. Great read, Dr. C. I think so far I've read four of your books. Now I'm a groupie.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,May 4 2006, 05:56 AM
from Topsail again. I've read three nice books while I've been here, but the best so far is Head for Murder which was written by our own Dr. Cloud. Great read, Dr. C. I think so far I've read four of your books. Now I'm a groupie.
What doesn't this guy do? Bring one to SF so I can have a gander, please. There are a lot of really interesting and talented people here in Vintage.

Sounds like you're having a reallllly relaxing time. Any turtles yet?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:18 AM

Val -- If you liked Head for Murder, you'll also like Murder Under Glass, I think, because it's in the same mode, with Annette narrating.

Right now, I'm thinking about a plot line involving a bunch of middle-aged people who are obsessed with cars (Hal fits right in, right?) and spend all of their free time on-line talking about bodily functions. Then one of them turns up dead at the bed and breakfast where they're staging a mountain drive together. Muahahahahahah.

Seriously, I'm delighted to hear that you're liking them. That kind of feedback is actually better than the royalties. HPH
Old 05-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,954 Likes on 1,748 Posts

^ Val is not coming to the Fling this year. But I think she'll be at the Nor'Easter.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:28 AM

Received 3,193 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine,May 4 2006, 07:56 AM
I've got to get to the book store! The last few books I've picked up to read have not held my attention very well.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by MsPerky,May 4 2006, 06:21 AM
^ Val is not coming to the Fling this year. But I think she'll be at the Nor'Easter.
WHAT?

Don't make me have to send them plane tickets!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Sorry kids, but +1 and I decided several years ago to take a nice spring vacation every year to catch up on rest, relaxation and enjoy some nice peace and quiet together. We LOVE IT!!! We've been coming to Topsail now for several years and catch up on reading, kite flying (I have pics) and taking in as much of the unspoiled beauty that we can find. This year I've now finished off 3 books and +1 has done the same. Sorry to report to Dean that the loggerheads won't be here until August, but I've got a few nature shots to post when I get home to my highspeed internet connection. This dialup stinks , but I have to say my internet addiction has left me in favor of the beauty of the seashore and all the wildlife. Okay, back ot -- Dr. C, you have my address and I'll be expecting to see a copy of that next book in my mailbox when I get home next week . Seriously, if you'll send it I'd really appreciate it. This is the best one yet and I'm looking forward to reading another one. BTW, do you also actually prepare those wonderful meals I've read about? If so, I'll be down to visit for a while soon.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by DrCloud,May 4 2006, 08:18 AM
Right now, I'm thinking about a plot line involving a bunch of middle-aged people who are obsessed with cars (Hal fits right in, right?) and spend all of their free time on-line talking about bodily functions. Then one of them turns up dead at the bed and breakfast where they're staging a mountain drive together. Muahahahahahah.
That sounds like a great read. Do you have a working title yet? Perhaps a poll is in order.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by valentine,May 4 2006, 04:54 PM
Sorry to report to Dean that the loggerheads won't be here until August, but I've got a few nature shots to post when I get home to my highspeed internet connection.
I thought it was a tad early in the year, but I thought that maybe you were going to wait for them on the beach.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud,May 4 2006, 07:18 AM
Oh, no. Please don't kill Jerry. We've finally become friends!

Quick Reply: Keep your Head