S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor retires

Old 07-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts
Default Justice Sandra Day O'Connor retires

Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor announced her retirement today. I am disappointed. While I didn't always agree with her, I had and have the utmost respect for her. I respect her independence, her integrity, her judgement, wisdom, knowledge and opinions. I thought she was fair and that her opinions were well thought out and balanced.

I am sorry that she is stepping down. She will be extremely hard to replace.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found out today that she and Rehnquist went to Stanford together. He was first in class, O'Connor third. He probably won't be far behind.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:14 AM

The liberal media and the dems have the next story already written, just need to fill in the blank:

"When Sandra Day O'Connor stepped down from the Supreme Court, President Bush had an opportunity to prove that he really is a uniter, rather than a divider. He could have consulted with senators from both parties and nominated a judge who values those freedoms that Americans hold dear.

But President Bush failed to do so. Instead, he has chosen one of the most divisive nominees available, one who has received the lowest ranking ever from [Group to be determined later]. President Bush's nominee favors Republican special interests, rather than individual freedom. The nominee is also an incredibly divisive figure, as can be seen in any number of the opinions he has written over his checkered judicial history.

Democratic senators are incredibly disappointed that President Bush has politicized the judicial process and chosen such a divisive nominee to replace Sandra Day O'Connor. These sorts of extremist judges should not be allowed in the judiciary at all ... and certainly not on the highest court in the land."
Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by ralper,Jul 1 2005, 11:09 PM
Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor announced her retirement today. I am disappointed. While I didn't always agree with her, I had and have the utmost respect for her. I respect her independence, her integrity, her judgement, wisdom, knowledge and opinions. I thought she was fair and that her opinions were well thought out and balanced.

I am sorry that she is stepping down. She will be extremely hard to replace.
With Rehnquist's poor health, I shudder to think what may come of this.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 473 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmateer,Jul 2 2005, 08:14 AM
The liberal media and the dems have the next story already written, just need to fill in the blank:

"When Sandra Day O'Connor stepped down from the Supreme Court, President Bush had an opportunity to prove that he really is a uniter, rather than a divider. He could have consulted with senators from both parties and nominated a judge who values those freedoms that Americans hold dear.

But President Bush failed to do so. Instead, he has chosen one of the most divisive nominees available, one who has received the lowest ranking ever from [Group to be determined later]. President Bush's nominee favors Republican special interests, rather than individual freedom. The nominee is also an incredibly divisive figure, as can be seen in any number of the opinions he has written over his checkered judicial history.

Democratic senators are incredibly disappointed that President Bush has politicized the judicial process and chosen such a divisive nominee to replace Sandra Day O'Connor. These sorts of extremist judges should not be allowed in the judiciary at all ... and certainly not on the highest court in the land."

Sadly how this will inevitably come about like it is written above. It is extremely unfortunate that it will be played out just like that in near future.