S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

A Journey Back

Old 07-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 390 Likes on 234 Posts
Default A journey back

How many of these do you remember? Pay attention to the casts- many became very well known stars.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Wowl that was awesome. I remember her all of them except Tate, Jesse James and Klondike. Some of those actors did go on to future fame. Cowboy shows ruled back in those days. I liked some of them but my best memories were Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Wyatt Earp, Rawhide, Wagon Train,The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Wanted Dean or Alive with the best of all of them, Steve McQueen. All Westerns. My best memory was watching Gunsmoke, every episode, with my Dad. He loved Westerns. Those were priceless memories. RIP Dad.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,284 Likes on 989 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KRAY
Wowl that was awesome. I remember her all of them except Tate, Jesse James and Klondike. Some of those actors did go on to future fame. Cowboy shows ruled back in those days. I liked some of them but my best memories were Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Wyatt Earp, Rawhide, Wagon Train,The Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Wanted Dean or Alive with the best of all of them, Steve McQueen. All Westerns. My best memory was watching Gunsmoke, every episode, with my Dad. He loved Westerns. Those were priceless memories. RIP Dad.
That brought back a flood of old memories. I'm reminded of a joke: Dale Evans threw Roy Rogers a surprise birthday at their place. All their friends were there. Dale gave Roy a nice new pair of snake skin boots for a birthday present. Roy loved those boots and danced up a storm in them until the wee hours. After all the guests left, Roy put the boots out on the front step to air out. In the middle of the night a cougar came down from its mountain lair and chewed the crap out on the boots. Roy awoke the next morning and saw what happened. He was pissed! He mounted Trigger and tracked the cougar back up to his mountain lair and shot it dead. He draped the lifeless cougar across Trigger’s butt and headed back down for home. Along the way he encountered Gabby Hayes. Gabby, of course, was at the birthday party the night before. Gabby looked at the cougar, looked at Roy, and broke out into song: “Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat that chewed your new shoes?”