S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Instant Karma for road raging truck driver.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

w/Murph, plus

Aside from the woman who made the video being a jerk for hogging the left lane, equally as bad was the video being made in the portrait mode. HOLD THE F'N PHONE HORIZONTALLY WHEN VIDEOING!!!! /my rant
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

I am one who can drive in a straight line and take photos at the same time. I do it on drives often. Perhaps I could even hold up my phone for a video while driving in a straight line. Haven't mastered videos with a phone or camera, yet.

I sure as hell don't want to sound like I'm defending the woman because with the LIMITED info we all have, it could very well be that she was intentionally trying to piss off the truck driver, but the fact is, if one of our loved ones, or ourselves, were on the other side of the road, his anger could have caused our death.

Still, if she was NOT intentionally adding to his anger, and it was all about him being a major idiot, I'd be just like her, laughing my ass off as he crashed. I'd also be just like him, flipping her off, if she WAS intentionally being a road block for miles. I just wouldn't have done his lame stunt and crashed. I don't have that testosterone issue.

Gene, you need to blow off some steam, my friend. It's just a video.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I am one who can drive in a straight line and take photos at the same time. I do it on drives often. Perhaps I could even hold up my phone for a video while driving in a straight line. Haven't mastered videos with a phone or camera, yet.

I sure as hell don't want to sound like I'm defending the woman because with the LIMITED info we all have, it could very well be that she was intentionally trying to piss off the truck driver, but the fact is, if one of our loved ones, or ourselves, were on the other side of the road, his anger could have caused our death.

Still, if she was NOT intentionally adding to his anger, and it was all about him being a major idiot, I'd be just like her, laughing my ass off as he crashed. I'd also be just like him, flipping her off, if she WAS intentionally being a road block for miles. I just wouldn't have done his lame stunt and crashed. I don't have that testosterone issue.

I did...that's why I YELLED! You don't find them irritating? I know I am extremely anal, but, like you and Lainey, I take a lot of pride and care in the pictures that I post and can't understand why others don't. Waterfalls and Portraits: Vertical; Everything else: Horizontal (Cellphone photography laws by Gene)

By the way, I'm not the only one who commented on the vertical video. Just can't remember where I saw it. At least I'm not alone!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,528 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1396498227' post='23094669

I did...that's why I YELLED! You don't find them irritating? I know I am extremely anal, but, like you and Lainey, I take a lot of pride and care in the pictures that I post and can't understand why others don't. Waterfalls and Portraits: Vertical; Everything else: Horizontal (Cellphone photography laws by Gene)

By the way, I'm not the only one who commented on the vertical video. Just can't remember where I saw it. At least I'm not alone!
Gene, you have scared me away from ever posting a video of my own. I don't want to be the one responsible for your heart attack.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
While I'm not lamenting the guy's crash (a bit of poetic justice, ya know?), the woman videotaping was also dangerous and played a role in creating the problem. You can't safely drive while video-ing with a cell phone. And I wouldn't want to be distracted by anything while some lunatic was tailgating me. I would want both hands on the wheel and my concentration on the task at hand.

I run a dashcam in all of my vehicles (fixed and mounted). It's always on. That's the only safe way to record what people are doing as you drive down the road. And seriously, when I see someone driving like that guy in the truck, I do everything I can to get as far away from them as possible. Taking the time to video and then gloat isn't smart. The smart driver recognizes that frequently discretion is the better part of valor. If you don't invite trouble, then you are significantly less likely to find yourself in the middle of it.

We'll put on this videotaper gal's headstone, "But I had the right of way and I was doing the speed limit!"

</soapbox>
What she said.

People, if it is not okay to text and drive, it is also not okay to take pictures or film video or talk on the phone and drive.
(This is not meant as an attack on anyone), but everyone thinks that they are capable of multitasking, it has been proven over and over with all age groups, if you plan on driving, make that your goal.

That's the end of my rant.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:27 AM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

They both should have been arrested for reckless behavior.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I know if I'm in the passing lane and the person in front of me is going exactly the speed limit and holding a camera up to my face while I drive behind them, I'm going to get pissed off. Your temperment may vary.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill
I know if I'm in the passing lane and the person in front of me is going exactly the speed limit and holding a camera up to my face while I drive behind them, I'm going to get pissed off. Your temperment may vary.
That's one reason I leave for work at 0630 daily. I don't want to deal with idiots in the fast lane doing the speed limit. There are way too many of them out there in OH.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshoeless
Originally Posted by Legal Bill' timestamp='1396538654' post='23095330
That's one reason I leave for work at 0630 daily. I don't want to deal with idiots in the fast lane doing the speed limit. There are way too many of them out there in OH.
If you think Ohio is bad.... drive I-70 from the Ohio line to Indy!